What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
Hi, I've been trying to setup a TTX2 using Dell Optiplex 780SFF.
I got Geforce 7900GS flashed (based on neko's tutorial)
I got HDD loaded up with Neko's TGM3 img

Upon bootup, it seems that things are working. But then I still have no idea how to plug the Taito Type X I/O card into Dell Optiplex 780SFF at all.
Also there are supposed to be a dip switches on I/O card to allow to switch to 720p for LCD but there are nothing like that on my I/O Card

Please check the video here
https://youtu.be/nSZ73FNCaIA

The I/O plugs into an internal COM port, SPDIF audio port and the front panel connector.
You'll need to see if those are available on your motherboard - does it have a serial number?

Dip switches are under a black plastic cover on the I/O card.
You have to peel that off, but I wouldn't worry about that yet.

Does your graphics card have a 6 pin power input on it?

Does your graphics card have a 6 pin power input on it?
Nope, it does not have 6 pin power input. I figure out that I can go to Dell Bios and only use the external graphic card only (disable integrated graphic card), this way it does not show up with POWER issue with graphic card anymore

The I/O plugs into an internal COM port, SPDIF audio port and the front panel connector.
You'll need to see if those are available on your motherboard - does it have a serial number?
I don't think there is Internal COM port, SPDIF audio port and front panel connector in Dell Optiplex 780 SFF (small form factor)
You can see the video of the mother board here
https://youtu.be/06glnomfr58

I don't think there is Internal COM port, SPDIF audio port and front panel connector in Dell Optiplex 780 SFF (small form factor)
Well then you're going to have to find a different motherboard. Or get really, /REALLY/ creative.

Well.. you may be in luck... I spotted the SERIAL2 port in your video (port 19).
Now, this isn't exactly your motherboard... but it functionally the same (and a Dell).

Dell Optiplex.JPG

Front panel header is standard (Port 7). See this post.

Now for serial: port 18 PS/2 or serial connector.
That isn't a standard header, but a quick Google and you can find these:

large

And a helpful link.
Of course, it is not a standard header port, so you would need to figure the pinout to adapt the DB9 serial port back to an internal header...
Next to check would be the Bios to see if this serial header is COM2, or if the serial ports are user configurable.

Dell part Y73TJ (Serial & PS2 low profile add in)
Optiplex GX620/390/580/745/755/760/780/XE/3010

- What's the mainboard chipset in the ttx/ttx2
- Where do I get that bracket and what does it cost?

Back