What's new

nem

Legendary
Reaction score
I have a twin Chase HQ 2 machine running on original Type X+ hardware. For future proofing this I would like to swap the mechanical drives for SSDs. This game doesn't use a dongle, the HDD is tied to the motherboard. That also means that if the BIOS battery on the motherboard dies losing the decryption keys, the game will boot to a 901 error. That's not very future proof. Fortunately this game has been decrypted, so I can run that instead.

I cloned the original PATA HDD, replaced the encrypted game image with the decrypted one and booted it on another PATA HDD. Works great. I then did this same procedure on a SATA SSD and it blue screens. The Windows error code is 0x0000007B. Googling this the error is a device driver issue, which could be BIOS related.

I think the password is still unknown for Taito BIOSes?

So only option left would be to get an OEM stock BIOS installed?

Or is there something I could do to the Windows installation?

Oh, I know. I just already have these SATA SSDs on hand.

The only other idea would be to burn the multi to the drive instead of a clone of chase hq, its possible the chase hq install lacks the ata driver.

I have a Hopping Road machine running on original Taito Type X2 hardware. I made a copy of the disk on a 500 GB SATA disk using the HDDRawCopy1.10Portable program. But the game does not start. It gives just an error (see the attachment). As the original disk is getting to have bad sectors, how do I have to make a copy properly?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-05-06 at 17.21.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-06 at 17.21.56.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 410
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 01.18.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-15 at 01.18.17.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 383
Yes, of course I can share the image. Just could you please tell me which program is suitable to make the right image? Will Acronis True Image fit?

I already made a disk image using the HDD Raw Copy Tool, but its size is 250 GB. And I restored this image to a new hard disk and received a system error 908.

Last edited:
That is because the game is tied to the disk, compress the image and upload it somewhere and II will take a look.

Well in the evening I will compress the image and upload it somewhere. I will briefly describe how I created this image.
1. Remove the hard drive from the Hopping Road machine.
2. Connect the hard drive to the laptop
3. Launched the HDD Raw Copy ver.1.10 portable program and made a disk image.
Hope everything is correct?

That is correct!
Just compress it, upload it and PM me the link.

The most likely issue is that the drive serial number doesn't match what the game expects, so the game won't boot. Either way, I am sure rtw will get you sorted out.

Thank you so much, I will try to launch this evening and let you know the result.

Good afternoon. I did everything as you said. Now it gives this error.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 14.36.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 14.36.07.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 350
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 14.36.07 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 14.36.07 (1).jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 391
Strange, maybe someone here who reads Japanese can tell us what it says ?

Hong Road
[ERROR]: Failed to direct3dl-list.
Okay.
This is how the Yandex service was translated.

Attachments

• Japanes.png
    Japanes.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 351
Does anyone know how to use NvCpl to get a resolution of 2720 x 768 across 2 screens ?

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 3 2720 768 ???

Back