What's new

streetfighterken

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have this Dodgeball conversion and the music is F'd on it. Sent it out to a dude on ebay who sells conversions and it still has issues. Anyone reliable here? I'd actually like to make it Twinkle Star Sprites.

Could well be an issue with the boards themselves. If it's not working properly as it is, I wouldn't recommend spending the time converting it (speaking from experience, I bought a non working board thinking it was probably bad mask ROMs to convert to something else and it didn't work once converted either)

GameProgCHA
Twinkle Star SpritesBK1256B
Super Dodge BallBK1256B

Well the PCBs between these releases is a match so you should be good to go.
Honestly these days I wouldn't even bother with MVS conversions tho, just get a Darksoft Multi. ;)

GameProgCHA
Twinkle Star SpritesBK1256B
Super Dodge BallBK1256B

Well the PCBs between these releases is a match so you should be good to go.
Honestly these days I wouldn't even bother with MVS conversions tho, just get a Darksoft Multi. ;)
^this

Except I have real carts of all the MVS games I want and a 6-slot Big Red, so it's wasted money to buy the DS multi.

Don't know why you're flexing on me. I have all original carts except for this one that I want sorted out.

I can be kind of a dick, sorry.

Point is you can have ALL the games easily with a DS Multi... To the point where even making one conversion IMO sees like a waste of time.

If you have that many original MVS carts I'd recommend selling a few of your lesser loved titles and taking the plunge.

well, if he has all he wants already, except one cart that he wants to convert it's probably cheaper than buying a multi...

Actually we know he will be losing at least two games here...

Super Dodgeball
Twinkle Star Sprights

:whistling: ;)

back to op's topic, i'm curious as well - what has when to do in his situation? just burning the roms and replacing them or is there more to it?

Match the Program and CHA PCBs, replace the masks with the proper eproms, potentially re-configure the jumpers to allow for more/less active sockets/addresses.

Remember some games are more then just program and CHA PCBs. Think of them like the enhancement chip games on SNES.

Interesting, I thought that the various multi carts and existing bootlegs cover what most people need for MVS. Is there a market for single-game DIY PCBs?

Interesting, I thought that the various multi carts and existing bootlegs cover what most people need for MVS. Is there a market for single-game DIY PCBs?
The multi-carts (the XXX-in-1 ones) are finicky, and a lot of games have various issues. And nowadays there aren't a ton of bootlegs of the higher-end games kicking around. NitD, TSS, SSVS, etc.

There's probably a market. How big it is, I'm not sure.

Once again, I have a 6-slot Big Red and I like keeping it original and switching through the games. I have multiple cabinets in addition to that, so I like having a genuine arcade setting instead of one cabinet with the DS multi. My topic wasn't whether or not I want a DS Multi. It doesn't work for my personal application.

Sorry, what I mean is: I didn't think of a good use case until you mentioned one.

Back