What's new

Kravex

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,
so my Nanao MS-2931 has died and from the information i got from my repair man is that i need a new flyback.
Does anyone have or knows where i can buy a MSU1FUS11 Flyback or a HR 48367 Flyback(this is a compatible one) ?

Yeah, that flyback back from HR Diemen is compatible, i forgot to mention that i contacted them a month ago and they replied saying that they don't have any on stock and will not have them anymore :(

i forgot to mention that i contacted them a month ago and they replied saying that they don't have any on stock and will not have them anymore :(
Really? Well, that sucks.

Yeah, i think that one works, but that website is an Agent for TaoBao chinese market, i purchase it from other agent but they eventually refunded me because the seller never reply.
I'm talking with that one now from yoycart to see if they can get me one flyback.

Yeah, i think that one works, but that website is an Agent for TaoBao chinese market, i purchase it from other agent but they eventually refunded me because the seller never reply.
I'm talking with that one now from yoycart to see if they can get me one flyback.
Please do let us know it goes. I've got a MS2931 with what I suspect is a bad flyback and it would be great to know of a source for replacements.

I was always told 2931 with a bad flyback was a parts board. Since when did folks source a replacement?

Last year I’ve got one from that seller on Taobao directly.
At first I've tried to contact seller through Ali wang wang (Official chat tool), but never got reply.
So I've searched and found the seller is following company.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/dengwangfbt

After that, by sending a message via SMS to company's cell phone I finally got that.

However I've never test that, because before testing that my tube has gone to air. ;(
Now I'm trying to get new tube.

I think, if your agent never get reply from seller, it will be better that ask agent to phone to seller. :)

I was always told 2931 with a bad flyback was a parts board. Since when did folks source a replacement?
I was of the same understanding. I had read various threads suggesting the lack of replacement fly backs was why there was so many dead tri-sync blast monitors and they were notorious for failing, however it would seem I got that wrong.

Every reputable monitor repair place has said that the flybacks are no longer in production, that nobody was making them and that a 2930/1/3/4 chassis with a shit flyback is part only. This includes Jomac and Sharp.

If there is a legit replacement for them, this would be huge and I suggest everyone with a Blast City scoop one.

@tiff_lee i notice you're from Australia, try contacting http://www.jomac.net.au/contact-us/ , it's a repair company that i have read they had flybacks for the Ms-2931 but they don't give support or reply to contacts outside Australia.
Thanks for the tip but I don't actually need one (yet) I was merely adding my $2 regarding their non availability

Every reputable monitor repair place has said that the flybacks are no longer in production, that nobody was making them and that a 2930/1/3/4 chassis with a shit flyback is part only. This includes Jomac and Sharp.

If there is a legit replacement for them, this would be huge and I suggest everyone with a Blast City scoop one.
Yeah according to this link

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/21303268145/Color_monitor_ignition_coil_MSU1FUS11

they have nearly 10,000 available, I'm sceptical that despite all the threads everywhere and sources stating the 293X flyback had no replacement available this company is sat on nearly 10,000 of them.

The 10,000 is just some generic number they put on all components. It doesn't mean there are 10,000 of them sitting in some warehouse. More likely it means they could make 10,000 of them in a month if needed.

A flyback is just a transformer, there's nothing special about one. They can make them in China for next to nothing. Didn't that one US based arcade repair guy say if he can get like 100 orders he can get Windy II compatible flybacks made?

The yoycart is an agent for the taobao market, because taobao is only for china that agent sell to outside china in their behalf, that's why the number of units presented (10.000) is just a random value.
Anyway, i'm still waiting for yoycart response to my message asking for the availability of the flyback, they said they were going to check.

A flyback is just a transformer, there's nothing special about one. They can make them in China for next to nothing. Didn't that one US based arcade repair guy say if he can get like 100 orders he can get Windy II compatible flybacks made?
He basically said that most of his attempts to have flybacks produced in China have turned out to be non-working (but there was at least one success batch) and there is a chance it could happen if someone were to purchase like ~200 units.

Got a message from yoycart and like expected they responded saying "The supplier hasn't replied.".

Back