What's new
I've contacted the seller via SMS and got his reply. He told me his taobao account that your agent contacted is already stop to use.
His current taobao account is as follow.

https://shop.m.taobao.com/shop/shop_index.htm?spm=a21wu.9600033.shop.1&user_id=119767548

also he told me item is still avairable. :D
Thanks for the info.

My 2931 was just broken last week and I am afraid that it's the flyback issue. I just asked the seller to put the item on-shelf, therefore we will be able to purchase.

here is the link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.4f3b2e8dllrjTU&id=594979186324&_u=k1tabu1nde33

I already bought one. just FYI

I manage to create an account but it seems i can't purchase it right away to Portugal, says i need to contact the seller to ship it overseas, the problem is that i'm always getting an error when trying to message him.

That flyback has two Focus pots, which means it's for a dual focus chassis. The 2931 is single focus. This said, it's perfectly possible the other Focus pot has just been left unconnected.

Will be interesting to hear if it works. Also, if you guys have the means, check that your monitor tubes are OK. They're unfortunately known to die.

I think item in the picture is not "MSU1FUS11".
Actual item, that I bought from the seller, has only 2 pots. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
The seller said it needs 3 days to ship. I wonder if they are making it by order.

I am thinking if I can't save my 2931 chassis, can I use 2930 chassis on 2931 tube instead? Does anyone know if that's perfectly compatible?

@bboycap - I thought it was, but there has been a recent debate about that on @'nem''s MS293x thread.

Can anyone weigh in on this? I've only swapped chassis and tubes 1 for 1 with the same model.

I am thinking if I can't save my 2931 chassis, can I use 2930 chassis on 2931 tube instead? Does anyone know if that's perfectly compatible?
yes it should work. You might need to make some adjustments, but it should display fine.

@bboycap - I thought it was, but there has been a recent debate about that on @'nem''s MS293x thread.

Can anyone weigh in on this? I've only swapped chassis and tubes 1 for 1 with the same model.
Yeah, i saw that! I swapped chassis with same model all the time. but they are ms9

yes it should work. You might need to make some adjustments, but it should display fine.
Honestly, i did accidentally put the 2930 chassis on 2931 tube before. it worked for 10 mins when i was doing the adjustments. Suddenly, it turned off and never come back on. My friends told me I must have touched something to create a short circuit during the adjustment. The 2931 tube was still ok, but the 2930 chassis was gone. I don't know what happened, just need someone who actually did it successfully to tell us

@bboycap There's information on the forum that says the Toshiba tube in the Windy II is MS293x compatible - same tube as the Blast. So I would assume that the same information would apply.

The windy 2 tube that came in mine was the same that was in my blast.

These flybacks you are trying to source, will they work for all the models? I would like to have a spare flyback for my 2930.

The 30 and the 31 are interchangeable. The 30 requires a manual resolution switch where the 31 is automatic. The 32 is the same tosh tube, but has a different yoke. If you swap the yoke from a 30 or 31 those chassis will work on that tube. I dont know about the 33/34 but those supposedly work with 30/31 chassis, but I can't confirm that for sure.

That flyback has two Focus pots, which means it's for a dual focus chassis. The 2931 is single focus. This said, it's perfectly possible the other Focus pot has just been left unconnected.

Will be interesting to hear if it works. Also, if you guys have the means, check that your monitor tubes are OK. They're unfortunately known to die.
I am pretty sure that MSU1FUS11 works. I just realized my dead 2931 chassis was using the MSU1FUS11 flyback for a long time.

I have also adjusted the pots before, as I remember, the top one is for brightness and the bottom one is for focus.

Attachments

• S__59785250.jpg
    S__59785250.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Are you sure?
It's normally the other way around.
The top potmeter is normally focus and the bottom one is screen voltage (brightness adjustment)

Are you sure?
It's normally the other way around.
The top potmeter is normally focus and the bottom one is screen voltage (brightness adjustment)
Yeah. Maybe you are right. Actually, I can't remember correctly since i have only done the adjustment 1 time. I just wanna to point out the 2 pots are functional. :)

I need to go through some of these Mon soon. I know for sure one work but not looking forward to working through other ones. I haven't had to do much work on them before.
0zbw5Ml.jpg

I need to go through some of these Mon soon. I know for sure one work but not looking forward to working through other ones. I haven't had to do much work on them before.
0zbw5Ml.jpg
If you're trying to identify the working one, I'd give the MS2933 in that lot a shot first. In the picture it's the third from the left and has the metal tray under the PCB.

Yes the 2933 work perfectly. The 2931 have various issue. They are all labeled with their issue but I haven't had time to go through them properly yet. I think one or two are in shutdown, another started as vert collapse and remained shutdown. Was strange collapse at top of screen but beam never traveled down.
LBW6h8s.jpg

Yes the 2933 work perfectly. The 2931 have various issue. They are all labeled with their issue but I haven't had time to go through them properly yet. I think one or two are in shutdown, another started as vert collapse and remained shutdown. Was strange collapse at top of screen but beam never traveled down.
LBW6h8s.jpg
Right on. Sweet lineup of cabs you've got there by the way! :thumbsup:

Back