What's new
I'm sorry, because of sold out, that item page was already removed.

I got an MS-2931 from a KC cab. Within a few hours it's died.

It has the first two normal relay clicks, but then after a second or two, a third click is heard and it shuts down. There is no HV, neck glow, or deflection during that time.

I measured the B+ and it reaches around 210V and then shuts down. Even if I turn the B+ adjustment fully counter-clockwise, the B+ just continues to climb until it shuts down.

Not sure what to try next.

Late to the Ms2930 and Ms2931 party.. Was wondering if there's any sources of these flybacks these days?

Oh wow is that how much they cost? Didn't realise they were that expensive =O =O

Oh wow is that how much they cost? Didn't realise they were that expensive =O =O
they’re not. That’s just someone who bought a shitload on taobao and is hitting people with no Vaseline on eBay reselling
Lmao. I literally read that as "Vase-Line". As in two separate words.

Pump up the Vase!
Screenshot_20200919-173508.jpg

KLOV is great but it's never been a great source for Nanao info tbh.

KLOV is great but it's never been a great source for Nanao info tbh.
Its true. KLOV is not my go to for candy cab info.

This is my favorite arcade forum hands down. Aside from the info, the people are good.

It seems unlikely that potting compound would become corrosive and conductive over time, considering it's an insulator, but who knows.

I used one of the Chinese flybacks that dude from Spain on ebay resold for too much and it's still working fine. I didn't change any other components. That said I don't really know much about monitors.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ck-high-voltage-arc-and-screen-pulsing.23570/

Also, it looks like his listings are gone but there's still one direct from China if you search for "MSU1FUS11".
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204253472432

I could never get my 2931 with the third party flyback to work properly. Horizontal was way too big.

Back