What's new

jaimenav2004

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just started on this hobby this year and it’s pretty addicting...

Everyone on this forum has been very cool. Special thanks to Darksoft and korpskytten.

Currently: Super Neo 29 (4 Slot), Big Red Neo (4 Slot), Small Red Neo (4 Slot), Dynamo w/CPS2 w/multi, Ms Pac Man/Galaga, Wrestlefest, Track and Field, Mortal Kombat, & X-men...

Hoping for: CPS3

Welcome, South Gate isn't far from me.

I see you're looking for CPS3, do you play Third Strike?

Currently: Super Neo 29 (4 Slot), Big Red Neo (4 Slot), Small Red Neo (4 Slot), Dynamo w/CPS2 w/multi, Ms Pac Man/Galaga, Wrestlefest, Track and Field, Mortal Kombat, & X-men...

Hoping for: CPS3
All woodies? You should consider getting a Candy Cab now if you're into CPS2/3 and fighting games. I'd sell the dynamo and put that money into an astro city!

All CRT woodies? You should consider getting a LCD Candy Cab now if you're into CPS2/3 and fighting games. I'd sell the dynamo and put that money into an astro city Vewlix!
Fixed that for you. ;)

"Go play Mars Matrix"
t8I8USC.jpg

Fixed that for you. ;)
No way! CRTs are the ultimate! I actually don't own a vewlix myself... I did have a Flyhigh (Namco Noir Clone) at one point, but I sold it.

He actually did state he has a super neo 29, which is a candy... but I meant something with 6 buttons. Sega is the best! I love neo too, but I would just play the neo games in the sn29, and the cps2/3 stuff in an astro city.

Lol. Agreed on the CRT over LCD. Been scrounging for extras just to get me through the next decade!

I got an Astro on hold of I want, just contemplating.

Need that CPS3 though!

Thanks to everyone!

Agreed on the CRT over LCD. Been scrounging for extras just to get me through the next decade!
At some point, no matter how many chassis/neckboards you have hoarded away the electron guns will fail/jam.
The actual tubes are the Achilles heel so to speak, once they are gone they are gone forever.

The LCDs in my cabs will die yes, most likely before your CRT ever dose in fact...
However, unlike the CRT cabs I'll be able to just drop in a brand new properly fitting (16:9 ratio) replacement.
What are you going to do? Buy a LCD cab then? Why fight the future? You'll all join me eventually (or I guess get out of the hobby completely). :whistling:
UofTHarryRansomCenter_I_Have_Seen_the_Future_800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Entire world's going to be eaten up by the sun, why even bother :rolleyes:

Honestly, do whatever you like that makes you happy. If CRTs are your fetish, I get it. If LCDs tickle your fancy, so be it. As long as we're all playing the games and enjoying the collecting! [astrocity]

Entire world's going to be eaten up by the sun, why even bother
I always figured ecosystem collapse would be humanity's downfall, long before the sun increases in size.
But you make a good point either way, time is running out.

I'm looking to possibly add a couple Vewlix Diamonds to my collection to round things out. But I'll keep the modern widescreen games on them and the 4:3 games on the CRTs, no reason to not enjoy both for what they're good at.

Such a fatalistic view of the future.

CRT’s will die, but one wonders, if one will die before the CRT does... (I guess depends on one’s age).

But as stated let’s enjoy the games that were supposed to be lost and let them live on!!

Back to reality, still searching for a decently priced CPS3.... lol

I see cps3 jojo1 (Mobo, drive, disc, cart) for $300, probably another $50 to get it bought and shipped (buying agent in Japan). If that’s reasonable I can shoot you the link.

Back