What's new

SailorLodestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm from South Los Angeles currently living in Glendale and building a Game Center in my apartment living room.

I just moved last month and that kicked off my collecting since the old place wasn't big enough.

Current inventory:

Cabinets:
Sega Blast City x1

Super Guns:
  • ATP-300
Boards:
Konami:
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

CPS1:
  • Captain Commando
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Final Fight
  • Knights of the Round
CPS Dash:
  • Warriors of Fate

CPS2:
  • X-Men Children of the Atom
  • X-Men vs Street Fighter
  • Vampire Savior
  • Marvel Superheros vs Street Fighter
  • Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
  • Cyberbots
  • Pocket Fighters
  • Alien vs Predator
  • Armored Warriors

Sony ZN-2:
  • Rival Schools

Want list:
  • Sailor Moon
  • Sega Aero Table
  • Typing of the Dead Cabinet
  • VS loom for connecting 3/4 player games across cabs
  • Jamma headphone adapter

I joined this board because I was having trouble finding King of Dragons and Battle Circuit and realized I had to venture beyond ebay and Arcade Otaku to do it.

Our saviors are working hard to create and release a CPS1 multi...
In the meantime I would recommend you get the CPS2 multi and sell off some of your original CPS2 PCBs to fund it.
The entire CPS2 library awaits you on the other side! ;)

As for the Typing of the Dead cabinet... Uh... You know the arcade/Naomi version only comes in Japanese right?
Being that I don't understand/speak it, thats a deal breaker for me.
I would recommend you get the English Dreamcast release instead.

"dasadasazyann" WTF? :S
The_Typing_of_the_Dead_ss1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend you get the CPS2 multi and sell off some of your original CPS2 PCBs to fund it.
I know the Darksoft multi works perfectly and costs a fraction of collecting but having the original boards is part of the thrill for me. I have a stash of UD Infinikeys for when the batteries die. :thumbsup:
As for the Typing of the Dead cabinet... I would recommend you get the English Dreamcast release instead.
I need the cabinet for the art and atmosphere. My plan is to plug in a computer and replace the dreamcast keyboards to play modern typing games like Typing of the Dead: Overkill.

I am fluent in Japanese though I have no reason to practice my typing speed in it. The thing is I'm a writer professionally so typing speed is a good skill to build. I also find the games a good way to relax. And am looking forward to Nanotale coming out later this year.

So I take it you are also going to pass on the CPS1 Multi when its released?

The issue you are going to run into with this plan...
I need the cabinet for the art and atmosphere. My plan is to plug in a computer and replace the dreamcast keyboards to play modern typing games like Typing of the Dead: Overkill.
The monitor in the Naomi Uni (Typing of the Dead cab) only displays a maximum of 640x480 via VGA.
Will a moderen release like Typing of the Dead: Overkill support such a low resolution? I'm guessing no (but I honestly haven't played it).

So again I would say, sure get the cab... But put a Dreamcast inside it.
Nanotale huh? More like Typing of the Starcraft, am I right. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, good to see you! Didn't realize your collection had already grown to such a point. Very impressive!

Hey, good to see you!
Oh hey, man! Ha ha. You recognized my name. That's awesome.

Yeah one of the other reasons for not getting multi carts is that I'm trying to set up the home arcade for parties so I need the separate carts to fill a half dozen cabs.

I remember years ago when I first met you, I was so bummed I couldn't get a UD-CPS2. And now as an adult who can have actual cabs and I just want to share the history and hardware with everyone.

Hopefully I can host some VSAV meetups too when work settles down and I get more embedded in the scene.

Yeah I know what you mean about buying the individual carts. I'll be looking into getting a Darksoft CPS2 this year, but initially I favored carts because I'd likely need two setups to run tournaments anyways, and it seemed cheaper at the time to just get a few games I intended on running events for with an eventual Darksoft working as that "second setup".

Nice on the pad. Sounds like you'll have a sick home arcade soon enough. :thumbup:

Welcome mate!

Nice collection you got there. :thumbup:
Yeah one of the other reasons for not getting multi carts is that I'm trying to set up the home arcade for parties so I need the separate carts to fill a half dozen cabs.
you can easily fill multiple cabs with multis - one cps2, one mvs, one taito f3, naomi, irem m72, the list goes on :P

Personally i want to own the games i love as originals, but more often than not i play them on a multi because i'm a lazy bastard :D

Back