What's new
Im on the fence on getting one of these, the price is good, but with all its issues i dont know.

What Issues? I had a Neo marathon yesterday and had zero issues, My only problem is not having enough time to play. pull the trigger you won't regret it.

What Issues? I had a Neo marathon yesterday and had zero issues, My only problem is not having enough time to play. pull the trigger you won't regret it.
so i pulled the trigger,, since its on sale why not.. i believe in darksoft

like the shorthair pic btw

Get ready to enjoy.

To enjoy from the start and not joining the ranks of the issue army what you need is

Micro SD card Class 4 (8, 16 or 32 GB has to be SDHC formatted to FAT32 and maximum allocation unit size usually 64 kilobites)
once that is ready then load it with two folders:
the first folder with your games (look for the smokemonster thread) the folder name is (/games) just copy the whole folder to the root of your SD card
the second folder is (/update) inside this folder you place the firmware files cpld, flash.img and top, also inside this folder goes another folder with the menu (/menu) folder includes the files crom0, m1rom, prom, srom, Vroma0
once everything is in place and you get your cart just insert the SD card and insert the cart, turn your console on and wait, system is updating and takes a bit of time, just wait until you see the menu, load games and when the first game starts turn off your console, take your SD card out and check that the files inside the update folder are gone then you are ready to enjoy.

All this assuming you are using a windows PC btw.

Thanks @trmm Let me add something that we repeat many times.....reading the instructions also helps :whistling:

Get ready to enjoy.

To enjoy from the start and not joining the ranks of the issue army what you need is

Micro SD card Class 4 (8, 16 or 32 GB has to be SDHC formatted to FAT32 and maximum allocation unit size usually 64 kilobites)
once that is ready then load it with two folders:
the first folder with your games (look for the smokemonster thread) the folder name is (/games) just copy the whole folder to the root of your SD card
the second folder is (/update) inside this folder you place the firmware files cpld, flash.img and top, also inside this folder goes another folder with the menu (/menu) folder includes the files crom0, m1rom, prom, srom, Vroma0
once everything is in place and you get your cart just insert the SD card and insert the cart, turn your console on and wait, system is updating and takes a bit of time, just wait until you see the menu, load games and when the first game starts turn off your console, take your SD card out and check that the files inside the update folder are gone then you are ready to enjoy.

All this assuming you are using a windows PC btw.
Does the micro sd have to be class 4? seems that everywhere in town only has class 10

Amazon still has some, people here use samsung EVO successfully, I personally use class 4 on both CPS2 multi and the neo multi with no issues on both, If you go with another brand just make sure is a reputable brand, the card is not a chinese clone and you format the card properly, what I shared is what worked for me.

P.S. make sure is SDHC cause SDXC has issues, anything 32Gb and under will be SDHC.

Big thumbs up from me on the AES Multi, works perfectly! My 8 year old is getting into Neo Geo with me now

Back