What's new

awbacon1

Champion
Reaction score
Beast Busters : Second Nightmare - Conversion Part 1

I’ve wanted to own Beast Busters ever since I played it in Vail, Colorado in 2003, and when I finally was able to find a motherboard and the game cart, I knew I’d have a project on my hands.

Since Beast Busters doesn’t have a JAMMA edge, you need to convert it to something you can run in a JAMMA cab / supergun. My goal was to convert the pcb without being destructive. No cutting wires / soldering to contacts, etc etc.

This is part one of that project. I recorded it all to help others / generally have fun. Feedback is welcome!

How do you play it with a joystick?
Aren't guns positionnal (like the first one)?
Is it a RC circuit building up a charge with inverters (LS04 for instance) since JAMMA inputs are active low?

The guns are positional, but the data from the guns never goes through the JAMMA edge. The third episode (of four) will go over how the custom harness and flight stick is wired into the pcb.

But basically it’s a DB15 port to a single row connector AND a JST YL connector at the other end.

I forgot to post 3 and 4

And the finale

Got it all wired up and working :)

let me know if you guys have any feedback on the project. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to convert a steering wheel for the driving Hyper boards soon too!

Back