What's new
I'm old enough to remember peak oil, Africanized bees, AIDS from mosquitoes, the ozone layer, Y2k, the 2012 asteroid, dirty bombs, etc..
Don't forget the 2012 Rapture.

You probably got more radiated making this post from your electronics and naturally occurring radon in your house than you could ever from the extremely rare chance of getting a PCB from fukushima

I was watch the new HBO show "Chernobyl" and wondering the exact same thing...lol

the radioactive dust can cover all the pcbs, cabinets and parts and we are buying them and keeping them at home...

but I thought we need to have a nuclear geiger detector instead of an EMF detector to check them?

To detect radiation for what was released at Fukushima, yes a Geiger counter is something you could use. I have a few myself but haven't bothered to check any pcbs.

The primary radionuclides of concern released during the accident were I-131, Cs-137, and Cs-134.

The I-131 is long gone. Short half life.
Cs-137 has a longer half life and has a decay mode with a high branching ratio in gamma decay. It releases a very distinct gamma ray at 662 keV that is very central to radiation detection and nuclear physics.
Cs-134 having a ~2y half life and decaying mostly via beta decay.

They surveyed a couple hundred thousand people at the end of 2011 who lived "near" the plant and like 10 fucking people received anything close to a notable dose. 10. And the doses were equivalent to a CT or some bullshit.

If you are worried about radiation on your pcbs, take them to your local university and visit the nuclear engineering or physics department and have them survey them. Be prepared to lose that pcb if there is a postive result(there won't be).

While you're at it, stop eating bananas, throw away your Brazil nuts, tear our your granite counter tops, and for heaven sakes stay out of your basement. There is spooky gas down there dontyaknow!

While you're at it, stop eating bananas, throw away your Brazil nuts, tear our your granite counter tops, and for heaven sakes stay out of your basement. There is spooky gas down there dontyaknow!
Don't forget taking your CRTs to the dump.

Don't forget taking your CRTs to the dump.
I am imploding over the thought of taking the CRTs to the dump... LOL

Back