What's new

redorlando101

Student
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to test products from Japan with a EMF tester? After looking at this video I couldn't help but wonder where all the PCBs went. In the video you can see the coin doors open. I can't help but think these items were resold and are in circulation.
begin video at 04:41 (video dated Jan 23, 2019)

Crazy footage... looks like some of the machines may have been already scavenged for coins / PCBs... I wouldn't worry too much though. I went out there a few months after Fukushima and tried to play it safe drinking bottled water, etc. but then realised I was eating rice in what I could only assume was cooked in anything but Evian :/

As I understand it the lion share of the radiation went directly into the ocean...
In fact every day Tempco needs to pump thousands of gallons of sea water into the blown vessel to just to keep it cool enough as to not continue melting down into the earth.
They store this water in huge containers they must also construct every day...
As its contaminated with three nuclear waste products, two we can scrub with expensive filtering processes, one we can't (that will remain radioactive for about 80~120 years).
At some point this water will be released back into the ocean. :S

*cough*thisplanetwon'tlastanother200years*cough*

From Reuters
"Eight years after the Fukushima nuclear crisis, a fresh obstacle threatens to undermine the massive clean-up: 1 million tons of contaminated water must be stored, possibly for years, at the power plant."

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that while the PCBs are probably out there, the chances of your specific board being one of them is unlikely unless it was a super rare pcb that was known to be in that region or something.
Still a very interesting topic. I would be lying if I said I haven't had the same thoughts myself.

I'd like to believe that the various postal facilities do have metering equipment installed and anything bad enough would be picked up as it moved across borders and through the postal system.

I would like to see an independent documentary on how the ocean life is being affected.. I was reading somewhere that the radiation was affecting sea life all the way to LA..maybe we already have a modern life size Godzilla :thumbsup:

I would like to see an independent documentary on how the ocean life is being affected.. I was reading somewhere that the radiation was affecting sea life all the way to LA..maybe we already have a modern life size Godzilla :thumbsup:
like in Pacific Rim

Thanks for the vid share, definitely interesting.

I also keep seeing this Mars Matrix talk haha, need to bring my board out of storage.

All postal mail comes thru radiation scanners mandatory.
Does that include private couriers such as UPS, DHL, etc? I assume it does include EMS as that is final delivery through USPS. Or is it just anything that goes through customs is scanned?

the radiation scanners are not to detect Fukushima radiation or other urban legends, but to detect contraband of nuclear material.. "everything" is scanned, even cargos.

Nevertheless is never a 100% scan of 100% of everything that comes in (it's more like >70%)

Urban Legend. LOL. Now all I can see is a Bigfoot sitting on the package conveyor belt with a priority Mail sticker on his forehead.

yes, it's rumoured that there are even "Chupacabra" scanners for the packages coming from Mexico :P

They're just looking for bananas

bf.jpg

I've been here in Japan since 2004 and unless you're a Fukushima site worker, nothing has happened. Nothing is happening. Nothing is going to happen. If it does, there's nothing you can do about it. Just live your life.

Don't listen to the chicken littles constantly chanting that the sky is falling. I'm old enough to remember peak oil, Africanized bees, AIDS from mosquitoes, the ozone layer, Y2k, the 2012 asteroid, dirty bombs, etc.. There will always be some upcoming, impending disaster that you're supposed worry about - and shit never happens.
You're more likely to die of deep-vein thrombosis from marathon video game playing / Twitch streaming than anything sinister coming from over here.

Hi :

Interesting, great topic. Food for thought about how fragile life is in general.
As a collector it is saddening so much effort and time lost.
Well this brightens up my days of toil. Showing me how lucky i am and possibly how unfortunate others may be.

Best wishes
Euphoria
:)

Back