What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I have a sega model 3 Video Board which have graphic glitches, well actually I have more, but some of them have the same failure.
Video PCB Failure is the most common problem on model3 PCBs.
If you go to test menu it shows all the ICs for Video on the last test show that they are bad, which probably means a buffer or something.

Has anyone ever repaired one? I couldn't find any shcmeatics either. Do you know who could help?

Thanks.

I have a sega model 3 Video Board which have graphic glitches, well actually I have more, but some of them have the same failure.
If you go to test menu it shows all the ICs for Video on the last test show that they are bad, which probably means a buffer or something.

Has anyone ever repaired one? I couldn't find any shcmeatics either. Do you know who could help?

Thanks.
Might not be worth shipping to him but shoot an email to Ken at http://irepairsega.com

He used to work for Sega of America and knows their hardware better than anyone I've ever known. I see him on KLOV from time to time and he's happily answered any stupid hardware questions I've ever asked.

Thanks.
Might not be worth shipping to him but shoot an email to Ken at http://irepairsega.com
He used to work for Sega of America and knows their hardware better than anyone I've ever known. I see him on KLOV from time to time and he's happily answered any stupid hardware questions I've ever asked.
Great to know! I'll ask him. Thanks!

Tell us his answer, I have some dead Sega model 3 video boards, too.

I sent him two video boards and I'm waiting to hear from him. Guy has good reputation and looks solid.

I'll update when I get some feedback.

Back