What's new

iGaroux

Professional
Reaction score
anybody know a place and or link to find this specific cap? My moon Walker pcb came and seller didnt pack correctly and came off.
Also they are pretty scratched up does anybody know if these caps been replaced?

I saw regular black caps with the same specs but me being picking looking for the same ones any help would be great.

Also dont judge the solder work

Attachments

• 20190518_130836_3869.jpg
    20190518_130836_3869.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 20190518_152648.jpg
    20190518_152648.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 20190518_152659.jpg
    20190518_152659.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 262
yeah I have friends who can solder just have them do it I saw the black caps do you k ow if they still make the green ones?

Someone sells them but only in bulk of 100.

wanted to keep the board as orginal as possible. Not orginal anymore by changing caps but it's a preference and a choice.

People are the same way with cave boards.

wanted to keep the board as orginal as possible. Not orginal anymore by changing caps but it's a preference and a choice.

People are the same way with cave boards.
Capacitors need to get replaced now and then. They don't last forever. That's like saying your Rolex isn't all original because you replaced the battery.

You're being silly. And people aren't that way with Cave boards. In fact they intentionally cut the battery off of some of them.

It may surprise you to know that these caps were blue when they were new. Not green. So they've either been replaced previously or become discoloured ;)

Either way they're not original anymore so no need to feel guilty in any way

I had someone get upset because I replaced a light blue cap on their X-men with a black one. I'm not going to buy different colors of the same value cap. If people want to be picky they can say its not original if the brand is changed. A lot of the old manufacturers dont exist anymore.

Now that I think about it, I had someone refuse to buy a PCB from me because it had been repaired with the exact replacement parts. Said the fact it was repaired made it less valuable. How stupid does that sound?

I tell ya, some people dont collect for fun. Being that picky has to make the hobby a chore instead of enjoyable. Right?

Then again Hyper Fighting on a 10mhz PCB is desirable to some so I dont understand the rules. Lol. ;)

What people must also know is there isn't any golden rule when it comes to the parts used.
Manufacturers just used whatever was available and cheap at the time of assembly.
I've seen the exact same version of a game with different dipswitch banks, different colours for capacitors, different TTL brands, etc.

I can kind-of see the point if all capacitors on your board are one brand, and you've got just one standing out with a different colour... I would probably do a full swap if I wanted to sell a board, just so that the single repair doesn't stand out.

Those are Sankyo General Purpose 470μF 16V capacitors so I'd use Rubycon PX or Panasonic NHG (470μF 16V or 470μF 25V). They are GP too and rated 105ºC so you can expect longer lifespan. Other reputable brands are Nichicon and Chemi-con.

It's important to buy them from reputable sources like Farnell, Mouser, RS or Digikey to avoid counterfeit items of lower quality.

What people must also know is there isn't any golden rule when it comes to the parts used.
Manufacturers just used whatever was available and cheap at the time of assembly.
I've seen the exact same version of a game with different dipswitch banks, different colours for capacitors, different TTL brands, etc.
Sir , in your conversion , my Clutch Hitter rom board comes without that cap, (hope it's the same value with the @rewrite's mention , because i must stick one too---anyway the game works very nice without that corner capacitor...i don't know why, but if i must place a new one, i'm not afraid , i have the neccesary tools to make it :saint: )

Can someone help me with identifying some capacitors? I have a Sega 16 E-swat board. I was gonna recap it and get it prepped for the Sega 16 multi. There are 2 areas I am unsure of.

McQkJVr.jpg

I think this is a supercap? And it says 0.1 F 5.5 V. I bought THIS CAP but I want to be sure it's more or less the same thing.

Also, more importantly there is an area with 4 caps.

99o748o.jpg

It doesn't give a F or uF. Just says 1. Weird. I bought 1uF caps, but this I wanna be sure before messing with. It's a bit ambiguous.

Thanks for any help!

Can someone help me with identifying some capacitors? I have a Sega 16 E-swat board. I was gonna recap it and get it prepped for the Sega 16 multi. There are 2 areas I am unsure of.

McQkJVr.jpg

I think this is a supercap? And it says 0.1 F 5.5 V. I bought THIS CAP but I want to be sure it's more or less the same thing.

Also, more importantly there is an area with 4 caps.

99o748o.jpg

It doesn't give a F or uF. Just says 1. Weird. I bought 1uF caps, but this I wanna be sure before messing with. It's a bit ambiguous.

Thanks for any help!
Sir,i don't know if you already checked this, but here is the caps list on Sega System 16B boards and here is a theard about the Retro Hardware Capacitor LISTS

Last edited:
Back