What's new
Even tho I don't personally like it... I understand that Osman is basically Strider 2, so I do get why someone might want to own it.
Charlie Ninja tho? The only thing I understand about that game is its rare, the game itself is mediocre at best (and I'm trying to be nice with that).

I think the hype train is in full effect on this PCB, just because its rare dont mean its desirable/good.
It would be like going on eBay one day, to find out Pit Fighter is now worth/selling for 500$ (and it could be a multi for Martial Champion/Time Killers/Street Fighter the Movie). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Osman is without question the stand out game, and IMO it's a great game. Chain reaction/magical drop is a pretty fun puzzle game, as is Gonta 2 despite it's theme enough so that I actually picked up another one after I converted my first one to Osman.

I honestly haven't played much of Charlie Ninja and Joe&Mac Returns but I see people looking for those game often, and I find that platformers are a pretty under-served genre in arcades, even the mediocre ones can be pretty fun.

I bought Charlie Ninja because it was fun and back when it was < $100, so I have no bias regarding cost or rarity.
-ud

I like Osman / Joe & Mac / Magical Drop. So gonna check out Charlie Ninja and see how that goes.

It would be like going on eBay one day, to find out Pit Fighter is now worth/selling for 500$ (and it could be a multi for Martial Champion/Time Killers/Street Fighter the Movie). ;)
sign me the fuck UP!!!!

Charlie Ninja is freaking awesome!

What’s it worth money wise? That’s for you to decide.

By the way, I also like Pit Fighter, but paid like $65 shipped for that.

Finding it odd what people pay for things is funny, because someone’s time and effort are factors too.

To me, getting a game I want now is worth more money than my time hunting it down, maybe that’s not true for someone else, but games are my only hobby and I don’t have kids, and I make pretty good money!

meanwhile it looks like all of the Mitchel games: Charlie Ninja, Party Time: Gonta the Diver II, and Osman/Cannon Dancer are all the same and could probably be ROM swapped interchangeably.
according to the guide on here, it’s not just a ROM swap, but it’s not that complex either.

FYI everyone, I took my PCB to JNX's house and it seems to work fine and it shows a Japanese title screen. I have no way to tell if it is a "prototype" as the seller claimed. I may one day pull the ROMs and dump them to compare to MAME, unless someone has an easier way to tell?
On Charlie Ninja you can enter in test menu and you can change the Jap name to English (Charlie Ninja) . Save ... that's all ^^

Back