What's new

hue

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi guys, I wanted to introduce myself. I started with the arcade hobby about 6 years ago. I bought a broken "Nova Big Screen" machine for 50€. It was a piece of shit, but I thought it was easy to fix. As you can imagine, I was extremely wrong. I gutted the machine and studied all the information I could find about CRTs, RGB, 240p and JAMMA. I learned how to use the router and what T-Molding is. I built a MAME PC (GroovyMAME) and connected it to the built-in CRT via UMSA. I played many Neo Geo games with it. I love Neo Drift Out, Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2 and Windjammers. I burned a lot of money on the maschine and today it's still not quite finished. I work on the maschine from time to time, but the look of the maschine is unfortunately very ugly.

At the same time I was interested in old consoles and arcade sticks to get a similar experience. I currently own two Namco PSX, two Dreamcast Agetec and two PS3 Madcatz TE Arcade Sticks. I want to shrink the collection in perspective to build two sticks for all consoles using the BROOK RETRO BOARDs. I currently own the following consoles: Famicom with FDS, SFC, MegaDrive, PSX, PS2, PS3, N64, Wii, XBOX and Dreamcast. In the living room I have two Extron devices, because I hate plugging cables.

I've owned a Neo Geo MV-1 board for two years now, but still no Super Gun. The board should work according to the seller - I hope so. This is one of the reasons why I signed up for this forum. I would like to buy a Super Gun from RGB. I was thinking about buying a Super Gun from Retroelectronik, but the reviews are pretty bad. I don't want to destroy my MV-1 board directly.

I am currently 30 years old and grew up with Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, but fell in love with the japanese arcade version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. None of the ports or emulation possibilities can give me the right feeling. It looks like only a Darksoft CPS2 kit will help. I'm not likely to see any difference in a blind test, but... I don't know. I would also like to own a netboot NAOMI as I love CVS2 on the Dreamcast. Oh God, I will be spending a lot of money in the next few years.

I currently own a JVC TM-H1950CG, a Sony KV-14LT1E, a Loewe Calida 5155 and an EIZO pc monitor. Maybe I should thin it out here, but I just can't dispose of or sell any of them...

I hope I didn't waste your time, but I wanted to introduce myself in detail.

best regards

Daniel :)

Welcome, you'll this is an incredible resource of information, so many talented an helpful people here.

Oh God, I will be spending a lot of money in the next few years
years? months more likely :whistling:

Reactions: hue
Back