What's new
Good to know there arent any problems using HDMI board like yours. Might switch to that in the future!
Glad you were able to get the borders taken off! Did you do it following the way I said?

When I stream, I use RCA game audio and a webcam that had a mic. If I have my phone or something playing In the background, i get a lot of feedback (that ringing mic noise) do you ever get that problem?
The video output could be greatly increased by using better encoder. (is it called a converter or an encoder??) I was looking at this Jrok encoder for a while to convert to S-video, but then you would need to convert the S-video to VGA or HDMI, then plug that into a capture card... Who wants to deal with that? Probably WAY better looking though! I am okay with the current quality as the stream is just me and friends messing around.

I actually read your response about cropping and had to try it right away, hahaha.

My camera facing the buttons has a mic on it, but its garbage. I used my laptop mic for a couple streams, but the levitating handheld mic works really great! I haven't had any feedback issues. During winter there's a heater on the ceiling that comes on that's kind of loud. I was really surprised that the heater sound isn't even heard on stream!
I really wish the vocals were louder. I think if I got a cheap mixer board I could probably fix that. Or If I just got a crazy mic like @psykom1 hahaha.

there a way to stream off a JVS (New Netcity) type of setup?
Someone on the SRK forum said they use this monoprice VGA splitter to go to two monitors. It would probably work for JVS too! Just connect the second VGA to the capture card or use an VGA HDMI converter probably.
You could splice the splitters power into the psu somewhere possibly.

Last edited:
Good to know there arent any problems using HDMI board like yours. Might switch to that in the future!
Glad you were able to get the borders taken off! Did you do it following the way I said?

When I stream, I use RCA game audio and a webcam that had a mic. If I have my phone or something playing In the background, i get a lot of feedback (that ringing mic noise) do you ever get that problem?
The video output could be greatly increased by using better encoder. (is it called a converter or an encoder??) I was looking at this Jrok encoder for a while to convert to S-video, but then you would need to convert the S-video to VGA or HDMI, then plug that into a capture card... Who wants to deal with that? Probably WAY better looking though! I am okay with the current quality as the stream is just me and friends messing around.
I was thinking the same thing about the whole using a jrok encoder then to figure out how to use s-video or convert it to something else when I already have more VGA options.

Ahoy, I arcade stream too every Tuesday, and weekends generally. (Twitch chan in sig)
You got some good ideas, but may I suggest one thats super effective?
The ALMIGHTY "STREAM CART"
A weighted rollable apparatus that has a microphone boom, power strip, lasers (for background), and space to put drinks.
(or your OSSC/Scalers/small ancillary powered items)
It's much easier to roll up a cart sidesaddle to my cabinet, plug it in, and get to gaming.
I'm still working out finding a proper tall and thin camera mount as mine just uses gaffer's tape for now mounted vertically so Vertically mounting is good, this way, I can get myself my guests, and the CP movements.
I've elaborated on it much more as this picture is about 2 months old.

stream2.jpg
What are you using to grab the video from the jamma? The brightness on your video looks really good compared to some of the other captures I've seen.

Ahoy, I arcade stream too every Tuesday, and weekends generally. (Twitch chan in sig)
You got some good ideas, but may I suggest one thats super effective?
The ALMIGHTY "STREAM CART"
A weighted rollable apparatus that has a microphone boom, power strip, lasers (for background), and space to put drinks.
(or your OSSC/Scalers/small ancillary powered items)
It's much easier to roll up a cart sidesaddle to my cabinet, plug it in, and get to gaming.
I'm still working out finding a proper tall and thin camera mount as mine just uses gaffer's tape for now mounted vertically so Vertically mounting is good, this way, I can get myself my guests, and the CP movements.
I've elaborated on it much more as this picture is about 2 months old.

stream2.jpg
What are you using to grab the video from the jamma? The brightness on your video looks really good compared to some of the other captures I've seen.
My config for my cabinet is a bit complex.
I have a Blast city PSU -> Jammafier (jvs to jamma converter) -> SCART bypass from Retroelektronik france -> to PCB.
I'm using an attenuated Scart to Scart cable to OSSC or Chinese shit Scaler to Elgato Cam link 1080 or Razer capture card.
Attenuation of the RGB signal is paramount so you won't burn out your scaler via SCART.
The Jammafier has a VGA output to the blast city monitor.

Audio out of the Jammafier is split between the cabinet speakers, and the computer input MONO.
I can break off that connection and directly connect RCA to a PCB (CPS2/3/Naomi/adapted 4-pin molex on PCB)
This allows me to stream games like Radiant Silvergun from the ST-V in glorious stereo sound.

My goal for my streams is original PCBs, absoloute clarity, and scale.
It's not easy for some boards like the Taito F3, Midway, or anything that outputs 24khz.
In time I'll find a capture card that digests what the OSSC is outputting.
One of my subscribers on Twitch suggested a specific capture card.
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...+capture+card&qid=1560309574&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Scalers play a big role. I try to stay away from the GB8200 as it just doesn't look great. While I do keep that and a HDMI 9900 scaler around, I almost never use them. The OSSC or the Chinese Scart to HDMI scaler do just fine for me 85% of the time. I only bust out the Chinese one if I can't get a specific resolution or sync that doesn't shake hands with the OSSC.
In the end it's all about the stability of the capture card and what it can take.
In a perfect world, I'd get myself a nice Extron scaler and be done with it, but I'm not about that life ... yet.

I hope this helps.

Cool. Thanks for listing all that out! I've been streaming a lot of console stuff (for that I've been going from the out of my crt to a retrotink to an elgato hd60s) but the quality is bit meh and the elgato is very temperamental. I've definitely been looking to get something going in my blast city. At the moment I only have a cps2 with a multi and soul edge, but I'd love to get footage from them. I've been looking around for an easy to unibios mvs too but haven't found anything at a reasonable price point just yet.

Cool. Thanks for listing all that out! I've been streaming a lot of console stuff (for that I've been going from the out of my crt to a retrotink to an elgato hd60s) but the quality is bit meh and the elgato is very temperamental. I've definitely been looking to get something going in my blast city. At the moment I only have a cps2 with a multi and soul edge, but I'd love to get footage from them. I've been looking around for an easy to unibios mvs too but haven't found anything at a reasonable price point just yet.
Ya dude, the Elgato can be tempermental is an understatement.

Ok *serious hat time* Windows Patches and the Surprise Betrayal

The Elgato is the most stable I've used.
BUt what I've found is that most capture cards have ended themselves in Windows Update hell with Windows 10.
These older capture cards with older drivers can be problematic with the newer 1800 and 1900 series Windows updates.
After exhaustive research, I've learned these patches can really fuck your world up and cause more instability than you think.
https://www.gadgetbridge.com/news/windows-10-new-update-has-brought-some-bad-news-for-gamers/
It's not just "Gamers" it affects, it's capture cards, and other processing task-based operations.

I've had to reformat and lock my updates at the 1700 level, and disable windows update service to keep everything running.
Word on the street is that the newer patches include the intel vulnerability fixes that makes adjustments to usb, and hardware connection flow.
While these patches are beneficial, as long as you're behind a firewall, you're generally aok.

I've had a series of glitching, freezing, locking up, or just general sync capture with my capture cards after I updated. It never dawned on me that the PC was to blame so I was tearing everything apart, trying every single scaler, replacement cable I could think.
Little did I know, my own streaming PC stabbed me in the back.
It kept me busy for nearly a week trying to troubleshoot why everything in OBS and my captures were unstable.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with the elgato (and this may stim from the windows updates) is it doesn't seem to keep a stable 60fps (or 59.94 for that matter). Flickering effects that rely on stable 60 will usually either dispear for a frame or two, or become solid for a frame or two. My other big issue is since my CRT is mono, I like to listen to the game audio through the monitor option of OBS. audio will noticeably desync using this method in under 5 minutes. I've even tried disabling buffering and setting my obs audio to match the 48khz of the elgato as a lot of people claimed this fixed the issue. It's definitely frustrating.

My biggest issue with the elgato (and this may stim from the windows updates) is it doesn't seem to keep a stable 60fps (or 59.94 for that matter). Flickering effects that rely on stable 60 will usually either dispear for a frame or two, or become solid for a frame or two. My other big issue is since my CRT is mono, I like to listen to the game audio through the monitor option of OBS. audio will noticeably desync using this method in under 5 minutes. I've even tried disabling buffering and setting my obs audio to match the 48khz of the elgato as a lot of people claimed this fixed the issue. It's definitely frustrating.
I originally tried an El Gato 60 card, but it wouldn't accept the output resolution of the HDMI converter card as I am not running a retrotink or framemiester or anything.

I came across this video saying that the Avermedia LGP card would accept the resolution, so I ended up going with that and it worked!

I have some desync trouble with OBS as well. My arcade video seems to lag behind the audio and other cameras after about 30 minutes. Deactivating then reactivating the arcade video, even while streaming, fixes the issue.
Tried a handful of settings to try and fix the issue, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I will just stick with deactivating and reactivating occasionally inbetween match as it takes maybe 6 seconds.

I originally tried an El Gato 60 card, but it wouldn't accept the output resolution of the HDMI converter card as I am not running a retrotink or framemiester or anything.

I came across this video saying that the Avermedia LGP card would accept the resolution, so I ended up going with that and it worked!

I have some desync trouble with OBS as well. My arcade video seems to lag behind the audio and other cameras after about 30 minutes. Deactivating then reactivating the arcade video, even while streaming, fixes the issue.
Tried a handful of settings to try and fix the issue, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I will just stick with deactivating and reactivating occasionally inbetween match as it takes maybe 6 seconds.
I first had a problem using OBS and syncing . The audio would always slightly be off. I messed around with filters that add audio sync delay and that fixed it . But then when I would open OBS again , the problem would come back. I'm not sure what I ended up changing In my OBS settings, but when I get home I'll try and remember to take a screen shot of all the settings for you guys.

Back