What's new

Zapf

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently sent my kit back to walsdawg to have it updated and the sound fix applied. I'm having trouble making it work again in my b board however. My first install gave me the blue screen when booted. I've tried reseating twice afterwards. When I put it in the a board Bare, it got a white screen. when I put it back into its shell, I got a blue screen. trying with another a board gave me a white screen. Reseating, double checking the jumper connector orientation, fixing that, putting it on the original a board bare, blue screen. Whats going on? Did I break something? Pins looks straight (he added on those extra pcbs underneath as well.)

edit: shorted ecx5, and two other capacitors nearby for 20 seconds or so. blue screen

Last edited:
Make sure the interconnect pcb is not on backwards. If it still isn't working then there is a bad connection somewhere or a problem with your SD card.

An update: I solved the problem but I don't really know how. I was gone for a while for work, but came back to fix up stuff for sale (no more time for arcade stuff). I resoldered the jumper wire I had for using an F pal, sprayed some deoxyt in the chip headers, hooked everything back up. started immediately, even had stuff like auto reset working (I had sent it in for the updates and the sound fix).

One other issue I have though is that two of the plastic stems for the lcd pcb buttons have come out. Can those be replaced?

Yep. They can be replaced.
Do you have a link, or do I just need to pull them out of unused tact switches.

Also, one more issue. I thought I was going crazy again, as when I recased my cps2 multi, it was giving me the blue screen again. I went back and forth testing this - the one time I was able to get it to boot with its case on, is if I pulled the A board out of its case. is my A board just on its way out?

I'm away from home until Monday so I can get you a part number when I return.

Sometimes it is hard to get a good connection between the A and B board when putting the B-board in the case. This is because of the post we have to remove to fit the kit. I have remedied this in the past by placing a 2 inch strip of packing foam on top of the kit pcb between the two connectors before placing the case top back on. This makes a snug fit in the case and prevents the b board from pushing upwards when you try to connect it to the A-board.

I'm away from home until Monday so I can get you a part number when I return.

Sometimes it is hard to get a good connection between the A and B board when putting the B-board in the case. This is because of the post we have to remove to fit the kit. I have remedied this in the past by placing a 2 inch strip of packing foam on top of the kit pcb between the two connectors before placing the case top back on. This makes a snug fit in the case and prevents the b board from pushing upwards when you try to connect it to the A-board.
This is what I was assuming. If I put it in with just the top off and did the normal procedure of pushing on the connectors until snug, it worked fine. I'll mess around with that today.

Back