What's new
@brizzo do you have a list of logos you are missing? I could knock out some. Like these two .. I need to find better ones or fix these two.

muscle_grand_prix1.png

muscle_grand_prix2.jpg

it might also help to standardize the size if everything is say 400x400 it's easier to work with and ensure the menu stays consistent.

oh and this one ...

yuyu_title.jpg

(Battle of Yu Yu Hakusho)

@brizzo and @twistedsymphony By chance Which RPI and Screen are you two using? Also how large of SD card is recommended? Is it housing just the dongle files or is it housing everything?

@brizzo and @twistedsymphony By chance Which RPI and Screen are you two using? Also how large of SD card is recommended? Is it housing just the dongle files or is it housing everything?
You can get by with a 8GB card on the Pi since it's just dongle files and Linux. but the SD card (or Thumb Stick) on the ODE you'd want something large like 200GB since DVD images add up fast and if HDD support is added you'll need even more space.

@Dreygor I'm using a 3.5 inch 320*480 TFT LCD
RPI3? Got a link to the screen u got? Just trying to make sure im on the same page.

Also what speed are the USB ports on the ODE. Quite a few of the larger thumb drives look to be USB 3. I am looking to get something that matches up to what the hardware is built for.

Last edited:
This is some great working going on here and would love to get my hands on this.

I have a tekken 5 dr cabinet that randomly reboots from time to time and wouldn't mind giving this a go to see if this would resolve my issues with the magicgate 256.

Let me know if you need a tester or something. I work as head tech for an amusement company and like to make these games into multi cabs for fun, to play around in the shop with.

Thanks,

FBEpyon

Very interested to see what you come up with, I love 246/256 but depending on a disc drive/discs sucks.

i would like to get this stuff running too. is there a way to purchase the Setup or Image from you when finished?

thanks

This is extra motivation for me to finish that dang netbooter, because I should be able to adapt the core framework to this pretty easily as well.

hi @brizzo ans progress on the touchscreen solution ?
Yes! I mentioned a few posts ago that twistedsymphony gave me a better design idea and I built the prototype, and it has been sitting on my desk since... Got distracted with the crystal system cart, and now have been away for 5 of the last 8 weeks. Finally coming home tomorrow. I will throw up a photo of the prototype in the next couple days, and also post a huge update on the crystal cart that lots of you have been waiting for :)

Back