What's new
Months ago @atrfate did the work to rip and collect game title menu graphics. I roughed out the launcher menu design in AttractMode and added support for touch screens to it.

Past couple nights I've been working on solving the usb dongle linux software bug, got my Rpi setup and going.

sys2x6 touch art.PNG
for Super Dragon Ball Z, would it be better if the Japanese logo was used? that's the one that appears in the game after all.

the highest quality image i could find of it is this scan of a flyer, but it'd need to be edited
https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/banpresto/267000901.jpg

Months ago @atrfate did the work to rip and collect game title menu graphics. I roughed out the launcher menu design in AttractMode and added support for touch screens to it.

Past couple nights I've been working on solving the usb dongle linux software bug, got my Rpi setup and going.

sys2x6 touch art.PNG
for Super Dragon Ball Z, would it be better if the Japanese logo was used? that's the one that appears in the game after all.
the highest quality image i could find of it is this scan of a flyer, but it'd need to be edited
SYS2X6_DBZ.png

sys2x6 touch art.PNG
for Super Dragon Ball Z, would it be better if the Japanese logo was used? that's the one that appears in the game after all.the highest quality image i could find of it is this scan of a flyer, but it'd need to be edited
SYS2X6_DBZ.png
where did you get this logo? its great

Is this still being worked - it sounds amazing to me and makes me even more pumped to get my dongle from @brizzo

Is there a specific model of RPi needed?

This was a fun thread thus far. Curious - could a 256 multi play 246 games seeing as the former is an upgraded version of the latter? Or are they two different systems when looking at them from a multi standpoint?

I am so excited for this multi

I think u have to have a 246 to play tekken 4 and bloody roar 3

Just stumbled into the thread and man, I really enjoy looking at arcade hardware options that have multi capabilities. Looks like the 246 has the more robust game library.

This was a fun thread thus far. Curious - could a 256 multi play 246 games seeing as the former is an upgraded version of the latter? Or are they two different systems when looking at them from a multi standpoint?

the 256 has a jumper to set it to « 246 mode » so definitely go for a 256 if you want (and you do) want to play tekken 5

I do want to play Tekken 5. I also want to play more horse racing arcade games. And I'm the only one. *shakes fist*

I am so excited for this multi

I think u have to have a 246 to play tekken 4 and bloody roar 3
That is correct, those games rely on some early disc drive commands and compatibility that are not present and supported on the Namco system 256. Best bet for those is to get a Namco system 246 rack B for best compatibility or a Namco system 246 rack C for convenience and it’s size factor.

@twistedsymphony Will a IDE simulator be required for this multi or will it require some other hardware to do what the IDE simulator does?

I just want that ATAPI ODE, but last time I checked it was hella (almost 200$) expensive.
Got a brandnew ATAPI compliant disc drive for 20$ so... Nope :P

@brizzo @twistedsymphony Just doing a check in to see how this project is coming along. With a ton of people having those stimulus checks in hand they might be looking for something to spend it on :P
Given that I have been waiting for the IDE Simulator to come back into stock, and that only happened today;

No, there are no updates for you today.

Given that I have been waiting for the IDE Simulator to come back into stock, and that only happened today;

No, there are no updates for you today.
@brizzo Sounds like a legit reason for no progress to me, lol.

Back