What's new

LittleLarrySellers

Professional
Reaction score
Hello all!

Very new to the scene but recently pulled the trigger on a consolized Omega MVS Neo Geo. It seemed like the most logical gateway drug to classic arcade gaming. I picked up the OSSC 1.6 as well and some choice cartridges which seem to be getting expensive even for MVS carts. This lead me to finding Darksoft's products and this forum (and watching a ton of YouTube videos) and I am on the pre-order for the next multi-cart MVS shipment in July/August. Can't wait!

After that, my research lead me to superguns... wow. What a revelation and what a great way to have true arcade gaming in the home. I am VERY interested in Darksoft's CPS-2 multi-cart. I am way in over my head as a novice on the hobby though to attempt to put one of those together. Are there community members who provide services with kit installs? Assuming I was able to find the A/B board and have the kit ready and maybe one of these awesome custom metal cases I see here?

Looking forward to getting into the hobby as these games were a huge part of my youth and the fact that they still have such a vibrant community around them speaks volumes!

Best,
LLS

Welcome! Full cps2 kits show up for sale from time to time. Otherwise I don’t know anyone who does the full install as a service. Especially if @Mitsurugi-w didn’t say something above...

Anyway it’s not that tough though. If you buy a rev7 board like MvC you don’t have any soldering (I think MvS also but maybe a few jumpers to solder there). Nobody is going to throw a fit if you buy a working board either, they’re fully resurectable now. This kit is a reversible mod, in other words (despite what you may have heard in the past).

If you want to get advanced and install key-writing wires, that’s soldering 4 wires (and a member here makes the set so it’s crimped to a connector already. But that’s optional.

Case takes soldering some new buttons I think. Start small, you can move it all into a case later.

When you goof up just come here and we will set you straight. Maybe a local NYC member can help too if you’re in a real bind.

Or... hey maybe someone will jump in here and prove me wrong by offering a full kit as a service...

I do installs for $50 plus return shipping.

Welcome! Always great to see another NY member in the house. You have a fun road ahead of you.

thanks guys! I think I will try and dive in the deep end and take a crack at this myself. What better way to get into the action and learn. Definitely going to see if I can get one of those later revisions to make it as simple as possible.

If and when I have questions will post on the forums.

Back