What's new

Monouchi

Student
Reaction score
The larger Bezel area can be something that some people dont like, but remember that you get more screen area to the sides (Yoko).
And that the modern LCD cabs also have a lot of Bezel area.
Here nicely covered with speakers in a Vewlix.

forum_attach (1).jpg

A pic I found on YJ.
An easy way to put a LCD in a NUC, this is probably made with a wooden board behind the LCD?

But the Bezel didnt get any work and the LCD panel is small, making the LCD panel look out of place.
This is a good start I think but needs more work to look nice. And prolly a bigger screen.

nuc_hd.jpg

Love this thread, comforting feeling there are other options should my Nanao ms-2930-s Toshiba CRT die.. Although I tend to prefer CRT over LCD and probably the majority of people will I believe this is a very very nice alternative. I mean SF-V looks spectacular on those screens! Great job on the construction and thank you for sharing. Awesome Arcade temple as well! Amazing.

Love this thread, comforting feeling there are other options should my Nanao ms-2930-s Toshiba CRT die.. Although I tend to prefer CRT over LCD and probably the majority of people will I believe this is a very very nice alternative. I mean SF-V looks spectacular on those screens! Great job on the construction and thank you for sharing. Awesome Arcade temple as well! Amazing.
Thanks, I also prefer CRT, I could go on all day about the Nanao MS9 and Toshiba PF monitors and how much I love that scanline screen.

Great write up Monouchi.

I have to say I'm not a fan of LCDs in candy cabs. It normally doesn't look right. but you have made it look absolutely stunning with your Erget 3. Great job.

@Monouchi - man love the write up..thank you very much for sharing.. thank Egreet 3 HD and Atomiswave look awesome..

Last edited:
You know, I should hatin' you for doing this. Replacing a CRT for an LCD is sacrilegious. But I am not. Your execution is a perfect marvel to behold. Considering the rest of your collection, and the games you play, I can totally see why you went this route rather than put a Viewlix-type cab in there. Bravo, sir. Well done!

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning. Like acblunden2 said, I should be upset, but I'm not even... I wish I had the skills to modify the monitor bezel like that. Friend out here has a monitor-less AWSD. Would buy it in a heartbeat if I thought I was capable of that.

As time continues mods like this are only going to become more common.

I still believe a market exists for LCD cab conversion kits, not unlike whats been done by Monouchi here.
Starting with the most common, and working outward from that point based on demand.

As time continues mods like this are only going to become more common
:( A drink ... to abandoned tech. ^^ how many more years you think we got be for CRTs become a non viable option? 20-35 years?

enjoyed the write up. thanks. impressive project and midway. :thumbup:

how many more years you think we got be for CRTs become a non viable option? 20-35 years?
Its pretty amazing how much some arcade guys have managed to stockpile. 20-35 years may not even apply to someone like that. ;)

This is always what I think of when people mention candies and LCD's.

Attachments

• 20150322103343-chiourme-naomi-mushisama-dragonblaze.jpg
    20150322103343-chiourme-naomi-mushisama-dragonblaze.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 568
You know, I should hatin' you for doing this. Replacing a CRT for an LCD is sacrilegious. But I am not. Your execution is a perfect marvel to behold. Considering the rest of your collection, and the games you play, I can totally see why you went this route rather than put a Viewlix-type cab in there. Bravo, sir. Well done!
Absolutely stunning. Like acblunden2 said, I should be upset, but I'm not even... I wish I had the skills to modify the monitor bezel like that. Friend out here has a monitor-less AWSD. Would buy it in a heartbeat if I thought I was capable of that.
Thanks.

The thing is that this was not rocket science, If I could do it then can you.
You just need some stubborness and time.

But as said before, someone with a plastic mould/vacuum machine could from my prototype create a much smoother bezel, prolly even make the monitor frame as the lcd is not heavy.

Back