What's new
Hey guys I've not been around for ages and missed the dreaded line last time soo...
Pop me down for 12x sets please. Even if I have to drive to the midlands to get them :thumbsup:

@Fluffy I finally got a PGM motherboard for a real price (£15) So it's time to do some games for it :D
Can you put me down for about 6 sets of blanks please ( a couple extras for hacking/testing )

Hi Fluffy,
really nice project! Therefore I am declaring interest for 3-4 sets depending on the shipping quote to Poland.

I am testing a newer revision of the prog board:
IMG_20201125_205842.jpg

(Yes, sorry, green PCB this time. I ordered only a handful and didn't want to pay for the colour change...)

This one has positions for pull-up resistors for the jumpers, though they are a bit awkwardly placed right now.

Is there any one else aside of @rewrite and @xodaraP who have problems getting their games to work properly?

Can you specify where they are having problems so I can test my copies?

I am testing a newer revision of the prog board:
IMG_20201125_205842.jpg

(Yes, sorry, green PCB this time. I ordered only a handful and didn't want to pay for the colour change...)

This one has positions for pull-up resistors for the jumpers, though they are a bit awkwardly placed right now.

Is there any one else aside of @rewrite and @xodaraP who have problems getting their games to work properly?
If you need any extra testing done, Just let me know.

T.

Can you specify where they are having problems so I can test my copies?
Crashes in Espgaluda and Ketsui, right at the start or during the first stage.
Went through all of these tonight. Dodonpachi, Ketsui, and Espgaluda.

I am using a Rev. 14 motherboard. It was recapped by me.

I built my boards using one of the BOM's on this thread.

I bought the eeproms from buyicnow and had ShootTheCore program them for me.

Went through 2x loops of Black label, 1x the rest of Espgaluda, White label, and Ketsui.

Everything played, sounded, and looked excellent. :)

Here are the notes I have in the box where I keep my games:
- DoDonPachi needs to always have a jumper installed on JP1. JP2 and JP3 should always be left empty. When you boot the game, you'll get an on-screen prompt asking if you want the New Edition (Black Label) or the Old Edition (White Label). Be aware that there's a bug in the NVRAM initialization routine that sometimes causes the game to crash at the initial legal notice screen. If that happens, restart the system and choose the other edition from the one that crashed. The NVRAM will then get reinitialized correctly and both editions should then work correctly. If you change to a different cart, then the NVRAM will be reinitialized by the new game, so you'll have to repeat the routine the next time you play DDP.

- Ketsui doesn't need any jumpers installed, but installing a jumper on JP2 will bring up the Ketsui Arrange Edition modded by trap15. Details here:
daifukkat.su/hacks/ketarr/

- Espgaluda doesn't need any jumpers installed.

I rate them in this order:

1. Dodonpachi
2. Espgaluda
3. Ketsui

Dodonpachi is fair throughout and has good music and graphics. Duh.

Espgaluda quickly grew on me for it's unique sci-fi medievil fantasy graphics. It was fair throughout but the last boss is wtf? Music in this game is probably my favorite. Caught myself tapping my foot to the tunes!

Ketsui was the most difficult for me. Looks and sounds great. I should install some kinda switch to try out the trap mode, I am just hesitant to cut the shell. Weird I know.

If you need help testing any new boards let me know.

I support your Stereo mod / Consolation efforts :thumbup:

Back