What's new
just going to pop in and say I think we're headed in the right direction..

my 2 cents is that I would pay more to not sack a cart and get a nice shell made (maybe Lions3?) with the possibility to have the roms easily accessible to switch out games. Looking forward to my allotment as well as a way to fund someone to put it all together.

I think the new case, regardless of style, only seems to make sense if we do a multi and would need it bigger or with access to dip switches.

Right now, it seems like sacking another game might be the best option.
I think sacrificing another cart is always a bad option.
Oh for sure, but let’s be realistic about it. If the price is close, yes, but if it’s double or triple?

In my case, I’m using the case from another game, but keeping it for use as well. I’m not sure the mass market thinks like us.

The best solution would be a way to figure out a full replacement so no one is tempted toward killing another game.

Even if your average match a mahjong tile game is $15 on YAJ (they're closer to 20, sometimes 30 depending on title), tack on 3-5 in fees, 5-7 in domestic shipping, and another 15-20 for shipping to your address and you're at or above the $40 a full 3D printed case would cost.

There's no real savings to be had. But people will do it anyway if there's not an alternative solution. :/

I just need 3 pcb in Germany. I ll do the Soldering myself. Thanks :)

Great work making this happen. Depending on the price, I'd buy 5-10 of these. If someone could sell a kit with all the parts and some shell or something, that would be especially cool.

I'd buy 5-10 of these.
Just so you know these pcbs are only compatible with a few pgm titles. I think just 3 really, but it would be good to get a list somewhere if I’m wrong (maybe I missed it?)

Just so you know these pcbs are only compatible with a few pgm titles. I think just 3 really, but it would be good to get a list somewhere if I’m wrong (maybe I missed it?)
Only 3 of the "important" games. Others, like Demon Front have an on-PCB processor (I think that's what it was).

Only 3 of the "important" games. Others, like Demon Front have an on-PCB processor (I think that's what it was).
Yep thats right. DF uses the ASIC / ARM7 cpu. Quite a few games use it. I have been working on a reproduction "like" cart for DF and other titles etc... My hope one day is to have PCBs like @Fluffy.. with the ARM7 CPU on board...... There is already "Hack carts" that were NOT made in the IGS factory.. Scans on my web site of them. They use "off the shelf" parts to emulate the protection CPU.

T.

Ohh, I see. I'm not really well versed in the PGM. 3 is all I'd need then.
Get the three Cave conversion carts via these PCBs and also Demon Front, DoDonPachi 2: Bee Storm and Martial Masters and call it a day... there's other games on the system, but there is a lot of trash too.

Other titles worth having are Spectral vs. Generation, Oriental Legends Super Special and The Gladiator... but I'm waiting for a multi for those.

Last edited:
@djsheep. Bee Storm is DDP2! And The Gladiator is the best game on the platform. Fight me.
I don't even know why I called it DDP3 :/ Must be dementia.

I didn't like Oriental Legend or the KOV series' as much as I thought when I got them, but The Gladiator does look somewhat different, I'm going to load it up on MAME when I knock off work and give it a play through... I'll let you know. If not, we can fight.

@djsheep I was trained by the titular Gladiator. So you may want to get in some gym time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start trying to find a game. I just recapped my rev 10, so it's ready to go.

2pgm.jpg

Did you recap your clock too 8o

@djsheep I was trained by the titular Gladiator. So you may want to get in some gym time.
Ok. Gave it half an hour of my time in MAME. Can definitely see the depth in the game and how it would be fun with some mates. Definitely more fun than KoV and Oriental Legend! We don’t need to fight anymore.

Back