What's new
IMG_20190717_145643.jpg

Look what arrived today! That's how 200 PCBs look like. (The blue PCBs at the bottom are Apple II rev 0 motherboards.)
Plan: I'll assemble one set as a test/quality control, and in the next few days I'm getting a letter from DHL with the customs/VAT bill. At that point I can give the final price and take orders.

Awesome, I have received most of the stuff I need. Word of advice for anyone ordering stuff, dont use yanwen shipping on aliexpress lol.

I'm having a nightmare of a time with Aliexpress / Yanwen shipping too. 5 packages lost to date, all from April and onwards. Never had an issue before, just in the last few months things have gone haywire.

+1 for me having missing packages from Aliexpress too... pretty peeved off, the items are just a few bucks each, but a pain in the arse...

Yeah I've never had things take more than 3 to 4 weeks max.
I somehow noticed that all the packages that hadn't arrived were through Yanwen, most of my packages were ordered 5 - 10 weeks ago.

I tested the boards with DDP3:
IMG_20190720_175055.jpg

Seem to work fine. The char board is identical to the previous order, the prog board has a minor fix to the silkscreen (See if you can spot it, the previous version is on the left.) I could post a picture of DDP3 on my screen, but it looks identical to the pictures I previously posted...

One minor problem:
IMG_20190720_175149_x.jpg

It looks like the board house forgot the bevelling on the prog board... (previous order to the left, new order to the right). I'll file a quality complaint with them, let's see what they say. It's nothing that a few seconds with an angle grinder can't fix. ;)

Anybody have a solution to the lack of cart case? I'd be interested in trying to model/3d-print replacement shells if anyone has a spare shell I could buy.

Anybody have a solution to the lack of cart case? I'd be interested in trying to model/3d-print replacement shells if anyone has a spare shell I could buy.
Buy a Killing Blade cart from Sheep_Nova on eBay. If you pull it off and post the 3D print files, I'm sure you'll get donations sent your way to offset the low costs. Also, Killing Blade is a potential universal donor. Guys are still working out how use it for that purpose. Progress is slow but smart people are on it and it will crack sooner or later.

Killing Blade is a potential universal donor. Guys are still working out how use it for that purpose. Progress is slow but smart people are on it and it will crack sooner or later.
we need someone with one of the Killing blade conversion carts from eBay to have the GALs reversed... that's likely all that's left to do to crack it. a few of us wasted a bunch of time making a bunch of educated guesses about it but never got it right.

I know I've moved on to other things and likely wont go back to it unless someone is willing to send their GALs in to get reversed.

@twistedsymphony

Are you willing to design a 3D printable cartridge shell?

I can have a stab at it but my skills in 3D design are minimal.

man I was really hoping I wouldn't have to make a shell for this one. :rolleyes:

I don't have the time to put towards this right now, but regardless it's really not going to be cost effective to print, I'd strongly recommend you guys look into silicone molding replicas from the originals.

the economics barely work for STV cart shells and these are even worse.

Back