What's new
I am also interested in 1 or 2 sets, depending on final price. Thank you !

Last edited:
Probably interested in 3 sets, pending cost. I'm not new to soldering, project looks fun and I'd need to buy the programmers and still have questions since I'm new to the whole PGM thing.

Very cool project @Fluffy! =)

Just to let everyone know, the PCBs are ordered. Now is a good time to point out any major flaw in the layout. :)

Edit: The boards have only a minor update: If you look on the Prog board you'll see that U5 doesn't contain a label for the device type (16V8). That is because that chip moved slightly to make space for a plastic fin on the cartridge shell. For some reason the label didn't move with the rest of the footprint, and I only noticed it when sending out prototypes.
It is normally a bad idea to make last minute changes to a design, but I diff'ed the gerber files and the only difference are some timestamps and the silkscreen.
All the copper layers should be identical, and I don't get annoyed at having 100 boards with a small design flaw.

Last edited:
Is anyone offering to sell the finished product in the US?
No, not yet. But I propose a group buy so we can save on shipping all around. I can volunteer to do the distribution.

How about it @Fluffy? When the time comes, ship all PCB's to one person in the US. That one person distributes/ships to everyone in the US? Saves costs of shipping individually and your time.

I don't mind... I'll just need the money and an address. :)

Selling finished cards officially is difficult, as the ROMs on the char board need to be soldered in if you want to put everything into a cartridge shell, and with 7 large EPROMs that is almost the majority of work. Of course, you're welcome to organise this privately.

If you don't care about a cartridge shell and are happy with sockets you may want to ask the guy with the wave soldering machine. :)

Guys , it's anyone in States who want to sell me a shell to use for this PGM cart will come ? Thanks ^^

I'm in for a set, let us know where and how to order :D

Manufacture should take about a week plus a few days shipping by DHL. I'll build one test set as quality control, and get the final cost together once I get the customs bill from DHL.

Selling finished cards officially is difficult, as the ROMs on the char board need to be soldered in if you want to put everything into a cartridge shell, and with 7 large EPROMs that is almost the majority of work. Of course, you're welcome to organise this privately.

If you don't care about a cartridge shell and are happy with sockets you may want to ask the guy with the wave soldering machine. :)
Alrighty! Unless Mr @Mitsurugi-w-ave soldering machine guy wants to run the group buy instead so he can further test the functionality of his wave soldering machine by graciously volunteering to solder in the sockets for the PCB's, I can organize the group buy. Let me know Mitz. Will be happy to organize the group buy otherwise.

Here are all the US-based (plus @XeD) who are above the line that may possibly want to be in the group buy:

@rewrite: 6-8
@ShootTheCore: 3
@acblunden2: 3
@-Ace-: 1
@West: 1-3
@jepjepjep: 1-3
@Hatsune Mike : 2
@xtrasmiley: 3
@WhiteCrow: 2-3
@XeD: 2
@Micromort: 1-4
@DarthMig: 2
@Derick2k: 5-6
@ekorz: 3
@arc11: Not sure if you are US-based

Last edited:

IF i had MORE spare time.. i'd offer to supply finished carts to Australia..... BUT i can help with SUPPORT for people in AU :)

T.

I'm down for the group by, but waiting for @Mitsurugi-w to chime in on using his new toy. Also, do we know a price yet? I lean WAY more toward buying a finished product (minus the case) instead of trying to do this myself.

Alrighty! Unless Mr @Mitsurugi-w-ave soldering machine guy wants to run the group buy instead so he can further test the functionality of his wave soldering machine
Are we talking populating everything on the pcb plus sockets or eproms? Option for either?

I would need to know two things:

1) The price of the blanks from Fluffy to me.

2) The price you all want to pay for the populated cart pcbs. Then I can work towards getting it to you at that price.
volunteering
Scary word! =O

Alrighty! Unless Mr @Mitsurugi-w-ave soldering machine guy wants to run the group buy instead so he can further test the functionality of his wave soldering machine by graciously volunteering to solder in the sockets for the PCB's, I can organize the group buy. Let me know Mitz. Will be happy to organize the group buy otherwise.
Here are all the US-based (plus @XeD) who are above the line that may possibly want to be in the group buy:

@rewrite: 6-8
@ShootTheCore: 3
@acblunden2: 3
@-Ace-: 1
@West: 1-3
@jepjepjep: 1-3
@Hatsune Mike : 2
@xtrasmiley: 3
@WhiteCrow: 2-3
@XeD: 2
@Micromort: 1-4
@Derick2k: 3
@ekorz: 3
@arc11: Not sure if you are US-based
Depending on price, I would take 5 to 6 sets as a buddy wants a few for himself as well.

Also, the NOS 27C322 eproms I ordered should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully these are what they say they are, but we shall see.

I think @Apocalypse had mentioned there were some type of socket pins that take up less space that would probably make these fit in cart shells?

Back