What's new
Hi,

I learned about IGS PGM yesterday after watching some video about these boards on YouTube. I always thought they were some knockoff NeoGeo carts. Didn't realize they were an actual legit system.

I understand more or less these boards are for use in 3 games currently? and that they are DIY with a parts list available. I can solder fine and follow directions, however I have never touched any chip programmer nor have access to one. Is it possible to source those chips already burned, and if not what is the cost and the setup I would need to get started on this? I feel it would be silly to spend an absorbent amount of money on hardware if I only plan on doing this for 3 games so I would prefer it if I could have someone experienced source them but I understand it may be a questionable practice. This seems like such a niche and cool product I would hate to miss the boat on these.

I have never touched any chip programmer nor have access to one. Is it possible to source those chips already burned, and if not what is the cost and the setup I would need to get started on this?
You can buy pre-programmed chips here: http://www.buyicnow.com or find someone in the community to help you out.

If you're interested in getting into programming your own chips check out this thread: Best, low cost, programmer for most arcade hobbyists to have???

A decent programmer will run between $80 and $150 and is well worth it if you're interested in doing PCB conversions, region swaps, or repairs.

Hi,

I learned about IGS PGM yesterday after watching some video about these boards on YouTube. I always thought they were some knockoff NeoGeo carts. Didn't realize they were an actual legit system.

I understand more or less these boards are for use in 3 games currently? and that they are DIY with a parts list available. I can solder fine and follow directions, however I have never touched any chip programmer nor have access to one. Is it possible to source those chips already burned, and if not what is the cost and the setup I would need to get started on this? I feel it would be silly to spend an absorbent amount of money on hardware if I only plan on doing this for 3 games so I would prefer it if I could have someone experienced source them but I understand it may be a questionable practice. This seems like such a niche and cool product I would hate to miss the boat on these.
If you don't want to go the DIY route, send @sheep_nova for conversion carts ready to go. =)

got the boards, as well as the parts from acblunden2's list on Mouser. Gonna have to get some preprogrammed GALs but I'm off to a pretty good start :D

Just post a request with the number you want here, and I'll contact you when I've got more. I'll make a post when I get close to 100, but I'll probably order a lot sooner.

If they currently support 3 games, then I will take 3 sets :) Thanks!

Does anyone know where we are with casing? would it make sense for me to design a 2d plexi cutout? I feel like 3d printing a casing that large is not going to be easy or cost effective.

Does anyone know where we are with casing? would it make sense for me to design a 2d plexi cutout? I feel like 3d printing a casing that large is not going to be easy or cost effective.
I think a few people have suggested doing something similar with plexi, but no one has actually followed through is where we're at. Unless I missed a post somewhere.

A few others have also said that 3D printing would not be cost effective.

I'm getting a cart drawn up as a DWF i think the format is....

So i hope to get some molds done... some time after... It may be a while.....

T.
never heard of dwf? dxf is a 2d format used by laser cutters and various engraving/cnc setups. if you're doing a mold though, I would expect it to be more of some kind of 3D CAD model... which you would then use a CAM software to turn it into milling operations? Either way this is exciting news... i won't bother doing a plexi cut out if you're investing in whole molds...

I have A LOT of PGM stuff happing at the moment... It will happen.. but is going to take time.

T.
Been watching your videos. Trying to find a Rev 14 board per your recommendation. A lot of the listings on ebay don't have accurate pictures so I am having to mail around. Hoping to have all this in hand for your eventual build videos :)

got mine in. Just patiently waiting for the 322

We got ours. No duplicate boards here. Thanks again, Fluffy!

All the ones from "above the line" are now on their way. I've got 6 prog boards and 8 char boards left, which I'm going to hold on to in case boards get lost or damaged on the way. I'll then offer them to people below the line.
i'm not too far from that point , right sir ? :whistling:

I have A LOT of PGM stuff happing at the moment... It will happen.. but is going to take time.

T.
Been watching your videos. Trying to find a Rev 14 board per your recommendation. A lot of the listings on ebay don't have accurate pictures so I am having to mail around. Hoping to have all this in hand for your eventual build videos :)
I'm actually soon releasing my own "Suped up / Pre-Modded" PGM MotherBoards....

There will be 2 versions. The "Base" edition will have......

Full re-cap with Panasonic FR low esr caps. Very high quality.
Stereo sound out mod.
Coin cell battery mod WITH the proper barrier diode... so it will work safely and not try to change the coin cell.

The "GOLD" Edition will have the same as the base BUT with Gold Panasonic 125C caps, Gold RCA jacks, Gold Coin Cell holder.

T.

T.
I'm actually soon releasing my own "Suped up / Pre-Modded" PGM MotherBoards....

There will be 2 versions. The "Base" edition will have......

Full re-cap with Panasonic FR low esr caps. Very high quality.
Stereo sound out mod.
Coin cell battery mod WITH the proper barrier diode... so it will work safely and not try to change the coin cell.

The "GOLD" Edition will have the same as the base BUT with Gold Panasonic 125C caps, Gold RCA jacks, Gold Coin Cell holder.

T.
Holy smokes dude.. I thought you were just teasing some shells or something...

But an entire replacement?!

I found a seller for the Rev 14 board, but now that your saying all this...

Few questions then,

How soon?

Will I need anything from the original to fit these boards like the cart connector or the plastic enclosure/casing?

Back