What's new
He's taking a stock PGM and recapping it, not creating a new replacment :)

I have A LOT of PGM stuff happing at the moment... It will happen.. but is going to take time.

T.
Been watching your videos. Trying to find a Rev 14 board per your recommendation. A lot of the listings on ebay don't have accurate pictures so I am having to mail around. Hoping to have all this in hand for your eventual build videos :)
I'm actually soon releasing my own "Suped up / Pre-Modded" PGM MotherBoards....
There will be 2 versions. The "Base" edition will have......

Full re-cap with Panasonic FR low esr caps. Very high quality.
Stereo sound out mod.
Coin cell battery mod WITH the proper barrier diode... so it will work safely and not try to change the coin cell.

The "GOLD" Edition will have the same as the base BUT with Gold Panasonic 125C caps, Gold RCA jacks, Gold Coin Cell holder.

T.
Holy smokes dude.. I thought you were just teasing some shells or something...
But an entire replacement?!

I found a seller for the Rev 14 board, but now that your saying all this...

Few questions then,

How soon?

Will I need anything from the original to fit these boards like the cart connector or the plastic enclosure/casing?
Soon... Should be ready in 2 months time.....

The "trial" batch is a lot of 7 units.... 3 are already "Wanted".. so that leaves approx 4 units.....

I'm grabbing serious interested buyer "handle / name" and making a list. IF the first 7 go well... I will do up another bigger batch....

T.

Don't worry, I'll order the second batch before October. And if they manage brexit before that I'll get them delivered to my German address and send them out from there. :)

By the way, is anyone still waiting for their delivery?

Thanks @Fluffy I built my 3 on the weekend, all worked well beside a 27c322 that was faulty. I mustn't have verified lol and I didnt know resistor arrays have polarity. :)

Thanks @Fluffy I built my 3 on the weekend, all worked well beside a 27c322 that was faulty. I mustn't have verified lol and I didnt know resistor arrays have polarity. :)
I think someone here mentioned that some chips can verify fine, only to fail a bit later...

yeah I've definitely had chips that verify fine and are still faulty. Lucky with your guide it's easy to diagnose what chips it could be, very similar to neo geo.

Also toss me in for another trio please.

I would like a set of the new version when ready, thanks-

I just got the message that the new PCBs are on their way from China. :)

This is the same prog board as before and the char board with bigger holes for the milmax pins. I didn't change the prog board as it is quite a bit more expensive - if I have to bin the char boards and re-order it isn't a terribly big deal, the prog board would be slightly more painful.

I'll try out the pins and report how they fit once I get everything together.

I'd take some Char boards if anyone is going to bin them :) I'd pay for postage etc....

T.

I'd take some Char boards if anyone is going to bin them :) I'd pay for postage etc....

T.
I do still have the two extra char boards from this order. In the best case this is just a packaging mistake by the PCB house, in the worst case someone is angry at me for sending them two prog boards...

It's not uncommon to receive an extra one or two PCB's, happens to me frequently.

Back