What's new
Ok am I the only one who wants one of these to put that crappy fighter SVG in a cart?
I just had a look, SVG requires a lot more memory and it runs code on the ASIC, so not appropriate for my PCBs.
I tried to read much of the thread, but there are 15 pages! Is it possible to use these boards to run the 3 in one game? I really want to have Photo Y2k again. My current copy has failed and doesn't work any more.

Happy 6 in 1 is another one I would like to have
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGS-pgm-original-game-card-Happy-6-in-1/283569804133

I came back to check on this and didn't realize this had gotten to this point already.
I would like at least a set, more depending on if shipping cost is about the same as 1 as it would be for 2 or 3.
Thanks.

Ok am I the only one who wants one of these to put that crappy fighter SVG in a cart?
I just had a look, SVG requires a lot more memory and it runs code on the ASIC, so not appropriate for my PCBs.
I tried to read much of the thread, but there are 15 pages! Is it possible to use these boards to run the 3 in one game? I really want to have Photo Y2k again. My current copy has failed and doesn't work any more.

Happy 6 in 1 is another one I would like to have
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGS-pgm-original-game-card-Happy-6-in-1/283569804133
This repro PCB is only for 3 games :
DDP
Ketsui
ESP Galuda

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 11.37.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 11.37.23 AM.png
    615 KB · Views: 163
Is that because it mirrors the technical mods made to the originals? Just trying to understand why only those three.
https://newastrocity.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/cave-conversions/
Short version: Original PGM games contain an ASIC to decrypt the code, and offload some computations or even run a significant amount of game logic. Game and ASIC must match for the game to run.
The games on converted cartridges are patched to run without the ASIC, so the ASIC and the supporting circuits are not actually required. My boards only contain the minimum hardware to run those games.

Comes in here refusing to read up on the thread because of page count then says he's trying to understand. Mofo I read 75 pages worth before I start asking questions! :D :whistling: :cursing:

Fluffy covered it just fine Kavas thanks. Sorry I didn't realize there was a page count requirement. I'll just go back to lurking!

I'll take 3 sets!!

Anyone started to come up with models of the shells for 3D printing? I'd hate to have to waste even a bad cart just to get a shell.

Last edited:
I'll take 3 sets!!

Anyone started to come up with models of the shells for 3D printing? I'd hate to have to waste even a bad cart just to get a shell.
I think fluffy has tinkered with some different materials and started the beginnings on shells. Not sure where hes at or how it's going.

You can do whatever you want, but I'd recommend not using a donor just yet.

At the moment I've just done a mould for the small spacer on the connector end. I should have enough material to make moulds for the shells themselves, but been busy with work.

There is also the option to make a mixed 3D printed/laser cut cartridge.

I think one of the cheapest games to get are some of the Dragon World games. You can always keep the PCBs somewhere safe, and restore them if we find a good source for shells.

I guess another option is a wooden cartridge, like this NG:Dev.Team Razion cartridge:
https://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/looking-inside-a-razion-le-ngdev-team-mvs-cart/
Not sure how good this is for cooling, but definitely an easy option for someone who has access to a CNC router.

PGMacrylic.png

Another idea would be bent acrylic: One U shape, one L shape and a laser cut spacer for the front. Again, I don't have the equipment or experience for this, and it may be too fragile for handling. You may still need some 3D printed parts to assemble everything.

By the way, have any of the boards I sent out last week arrived, yet?

Reactions: nio
I got mine today. Now I gotta wait for the programmer and chips from china.

Mine should arrive this weekend.

Gonna start ordering the parts. Any updates on those millmax pins? Would like to try and make these with the potential for a future case / shell upgrade.

Also, the Digi key bom still up to date? Thanks!

Back