What's new
I'm sure it's more cost effective and pleasing ascetically to find some "donor" shells off some cheap PGM games?

In defense of sacrificing games for shells, the motherboards for the games can still be played, as well as the fact you're not adding any more 3D printed plastic waste to the world.

It would be so expensive to make another one of these just for what I want to do but I've played around with the idea of making another one of these just for the ketsui trap version. I know folks put a switch somewhere near the edge connector by drilling a hole in the plastic but I have official cases not 3d printed ones and it just feels dirty to cut into official plastic.

What’s the deal with the trap version? Quick google searching hasn’t really told me much

I'm curious why people are buying 4 of these... is there a game other than the 3 cave releases that I missed?

I'm curious why people are buying 4 of these... is there a game other than the 3 cave releases that I missed?
I will like to know also, is it to not have to set the jumpers/switch for the different revisions/dual boot? So just make a cart for each one?? Like Ketsui original cart and then one modified by Trap??

Also, which versions of DDP still have the issues? Differences with the versions? I see original, AMB. theres another dual one, think Im getting them mixed up.

Lastly, does anyone have a chart of sorts to know what works with what, jumper configs to roms to pals, etc..

Also, which versions of DDP still have the issues? Differences with the versions? I see original, AMB. theres another dual one, think Im getting them mixed up.
Cave made DDP DOJ, then made DDP DOJ Black Label. The original PCB for Black Label let you switch between "White Label" and "Black Label" on boot though an on-screen menu.

AFAIK the original DDP DOJ (white label) was never patched for conversion, and similarly the White Label Version on the Black Label cart doesn't work.

It kinda sucks that this version of the game isn't playable, though for me personally it hasn't been a big deal because I have DDP DOJ Tamashii on the PGM2.

and similarly the White Label Version on the Black Label cart doesn't work.
i keep hearing that, but my fluffy repro worked fine on While Label mode (it is dual boot with black label). Maybe the amb conversions don’t work? I am not sure where it was supposed to break, fifth boss? but this was the white label ending i recorded, and let it run into attract mode so you can see it’s white label. I suck so if it’s like a “second loop” thing then this is invalid

Interesting. I've never even got to the point of gameplay. which patched version of the ROM are you using, and which mobo do you have?

My logic was simply that I read that you couldn't use chip sockets if you wanted to use any sort of case so I was planning to have one set of boards with sockets so I could test I had everything programmed correctly without having to solder/desolder chips before then soldering them in permanently.

Was everyone else copying me? :D

I'm getting another two because the espaglua & ddp carts are still buggy. I'm tired of fighting bad eeproms and just want to do both over with fresh everything.

Back