What's new

connor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a CPS2 multi kit from a friend yesterday which was working great before he sent it out, I received it and was having issues even getting the games to display but I reseated the multi kit and now the games display fine but it seems like wrong sound samples are playing for example the qsound screen on game startup. Before I reseated the A board a dozen more times I did have the games playing the correct audio it seemed but it was extremely distorted and garbled.

It's a revision 6 board with a G pal, any ideas about resolving these sound issues? I don't think the jumper to pin J17 should be needed due to the board revision+PAL version.

Last edited:
Check for broken and bent pins.
Seems like there are two wires going to one of the board which may indicate there were two pins broken previously then repaired with this fix. I need to see if the wires are going through the holes and have continuity because I believe this may have something to do with it. Makes it hard to pull the board up and check the pins since those wires are in the way.

Back