What's new

tonyt76

Champion
Reaction score
Could someone please post a picture of the Taito JVS I/O card that is needed to use an X2 inside a Viewlix cabinet?

Cab part
Version 1
yYUFX7I.png

Version 2 (newer, replaces discontinued version 1)
3U7Gp8C.jpg
X2 Part
idf02_15.jpg

It's the expansion card on the far right hand side of the case, looks like USB but this is of course the JVS header.
This is the best image I could find of the part/card itself (with black dip switch cover installed at the bottom).
22722918f2eaaef1ef653184a23ccd2b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@jassin000 thank you!

Is there any difference between v1 & v2?

Also, would this card work?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 327
That is some kind of JVS to JAMMA adapter, it was clearly designed to place a JVS game inside a JAMMA wired cab.
This is NOT the proper IO for a Vewlix cab, but it would actually work if you first installed the official JAMMA kit, just like the Capcom IO (or any other JVS to JAMMA adapter).

I suspect this part was intended for something like the Taito Egret 2/3?

That is some kind of JVS to JAMMA adapter, it was clearly designed to place a JVS game inside a JAMMA cab.
This is NOT the proper IO for a Vewlix cab, I suspect it was intended for something like the Taito Egret 2/3?
Thanks. Is it possible to find the either of the cards that you posted above for inside the cab?

You can buy the version 2 JVS IO from Taito direct right now... Its about 230$ shipped.

You can buy the version 2 JVS IO from Taito direct right now... Its about 230$ shipped.
Great! Can i directly swap this out coming from a FAST I/O card? Do I need anything extra like power supply, etc to make it work?

No extra parts needed for the JVS IO itself no, it will be a direct swap/replacement for the FastIO (connects to the cab 100% the same way).
ubIkxJE.jpg

If you intend to run a Naomi (or other JVS system that requires JVS power) you'll need the Wei Ya PSU (and a 100v JPN step down transformer).
SHUPoer.jpg

Connects at the bottom of the cab here...
re4jNYH.jpg

Great thank you so much! I only plan to use an X2 for now...

I know that I have a Taito normal I/O somwere that I purchased from KC a while back for my Dia Blacks but I only ended up using one.. let me know if you need one.

Because its the same PCB Taito sells to people looking to add FastIO to JAMMA cabs.
As you know when installing inside a Vewlix the long black custom connector is used for controls.

A nice side effect of this design choice is if you have a Vewlix cab with a JAMMA IO and a JVS IO installed you can still have FastIO by connecting that board to the JAMMA edge.
Normally the JVS IO and Fast IO can't exist in the same cab at the same time because they both need to use that custom connector/mounting location.

Back