What's new

Suzuki_Bison

Student
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 1.55.09 PM.png

A while back I made a CPS2 poster which shows off some of the parts and lists all the CPS2 games made.

Because it has the Capcom logo on it (which it sorta needed) I can't sell them, so this is a free poster- the files are not to be re-sold or printed and then sold.
I'm a graphic designer and this is just what I love to do, and I wanted to share this with the community. Enjoy!

Download the high-resolution PDF here.

This looks pretty cool !
Think I'll print it and frame it and put it somewhere around the game room !
nice work sir !

Dude please do- feel free to post a pic, I'd love to see it out in the wild, haha!

I'm still messing around with this a bit before I get it printed, hope you dont mind.

cps2_poster.jpg

I changed the background color to metal gray, should print nice in a metallic print.

Was also seeing how it would look if I added the green/boxed pattern like on the cps2 boxes, but now i think its too much/doesnt look right.

I'm still messing around with this a bit before I get it printed, hope you dont mind.

cps2_poster.jpg

I changed the background color to metal gray, should print nice in a metallic print.

Was also seeing how it would look if I added the green/boxed pattern like on the cps2 boxes, but now i think its too much/doesnt look right.
Dude I dig the colors! This is just the designer in me talking, but I would make it all one color (make the "CSP2" text the same color as the background, imo).
Also yeah, I liked where you were going with the box look, though it may not be necessary. Less is always more I've found!

Dude I dig the colors! This is just the designer in me talking, but I would make it all one color (make the "CSP2" text the same color as the background, imo).
Also yeah, I liked where you were going with the box look, though it may not be necessary. Less is always more I've found!
Agree, I havent gotten to the logo yet, was playing with the background, and checking out print options, like metal substrate or acrylic, etc..got sidetracked like always. But I think I will go with the dark gray, gives it a bit of the industrial/schematic drawing style to it.

The negative effect is nice Derick, not so sure about the green stripes tho...

The design as it is, is already classy enough to be decorating a non gaming room.
So I wouldn't tweak the colors to match the boxes designs.
Plus you'd have a hard time making it fit with the living room colors XD

The negative effect is nice Derick, not so sure about the green stripes tho...

The design as it is, is already classy enough to be decorating a non gaming room.
So I wouldn't tweak the colors to match the boxes designs.
Plus you'd have a hard time making it fit with the living room colors XD
Agree, left it as a bare negative effect, ditched the rest.

Yeah, no problem, Im still tweaking it a bit and setting it up to print to a 20 x 30 or 24 x 36 frame, I think this needs to be printed on a large scale because of the small text, I think its going to look awesome.

Yeah, no problem, Im still tweaking it a bit and setting it up to print to a 20 x 30 or 24 x 36 frame, I think this needs to be printed on a large scale because of the small text, I think its going to look awesome.
Would it make sense to make it based on Japanese Poster sizes? Typically B1 and B2 for arcade games/movies.

Would it make sense to make it based on Japanese Poster sizes? Typically B1 and B2 for arcade games/movies.
I could leave it as ofcourse, but I resize all my posters to to fit my walls/frames that I like :)

Meeeeh ! I don't really agree. If I print it to fit my needs, it would be around 40X60 cm, no more than A2

This size makes it easier to hang the picture around the house (at least in mine) and not confine it in the game room.

Plus, B1 and B2 are a pain in the neck to frame...
Really hard to find affordable frames to fit those sizes.

That is if you mind folding your posters or even cutting them to fit a regular sized frame of 70x90 cm of course.
But I guess it depends on everyones tastes too

So I guess I'm fine with the size you'll send our way
I could leave it as of course, but I resize all my posters to to fit my walls/frames that I like :)
Smart move sir ^^

Will you share your version too ?

Very nice @Suzuki_Bison - will consider a print of this as well. What is the best format ratio to print it?
Do you have more of those?

I could also send/provide a PDF to anyone who is interested, which would scale better depending on how large you wanted it printed.

Id love to buy a print if its a large one
Technically, I can't SELL you one (I mean, I could... it's not like Capcom actually probably cares let's be honest)... but I created the poster as freeware, I can however point you in the direction of getting it printed large for a good price.

Back