What's new
Yeah I agree there's no compelling reason to do so if my monitor supports csync. Seeing some conflicting info about it (Asus VH236H), but also having trouble tracking down a DIN to SCART cable right now as well, but perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough. Thanks for the info! Really looking forward to getting this thing up and running!

RhwMcTd_d.jpg

gEVYBtm_d.jpg

Got the blue enig 1.6 pcbs in today. Couldn’t help myself, had to build one. I’ve got some extra pcbs if anyone prefers this version (it just uses a different power connector)

@Frank_fjs I just finished building the 1.7 advanced version and i'm loving it. Thanks for doing this. I just tested this with my PVM and it works. I plan on hooking this up to my OSSC via GScartSw and i've read in the past that certain superguns blew the gscartsw because they were sending high voltage audio https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1281333&sid=ea9a3a66210a6dc1f6a08ca61e0d6ecf#p1281333

I'm wondering if the 1.7 advanced version is safe to use with the gscartsw and ossc.

Appreciate if someone has tested this combo and provide feedback.

While using the supergun, one other minor issue i ran into was i could not attach 2 undamned usb decoder to player 1 and player 2 simultaneously due to the ports being physical close and the plastic of the undamned controllers hit each other due to which the player 2 won't attach. I'm guessing that we could obtain a neogeo extension cable to remedy this but the one that i had did not work as the extension mouth is too deep and the undamned controller does not reach it. I'm wondering if someone has tried any other extension cables which can be used with undamned usb decoder.

Thanks for the kind words and support. It means a lot to me.

Minigun is completely safe to use with an OSSC, both audio and video. This was a mandatory design requirement, as was / is safety in general.

I'm aware of the DB15 spacing issue with Undamned encoders. It is a shame, just couldn't space them any further apart due to the compactness of the PCB and other surrounding components. A couple of rough ideas spring to mind for future revisions... I could remove the 3.5mm audio jack which would allow for more spacing between the DB15s. Alternatively, and perhaps not as elegant, I could fabricate a separate PCB with female DB15s on one end, designed to dock into the DB15s of the Minigun, and on the opposing end have 2 x further spaced female DB15s for controllers to connect to. I guess the advantage here is it's compatible with the current editions of the Minigun and also one could add a few extra controller ports, say for Saturn / Genesis / Snes etc.

I'll be getting my PCBs in early next week. I happen to have a bunch of long straight-through wired serial cables from various switch console connections, so should be able to use one of those to pass through an undamned connector (if I can get my hands on a couple) and let you all know.

I finally got my test bench all set up with the minigun. Great little supergun that handles all my needs for testing :)

Did a full test with one of those "junk" cps3 boards I got on the cheap. Couldn't be happier!

VKeKr4U.jpg

Bgpcj4p.jpg

Did a full test with one of those "junk" cps3 boards I got on the cheap. Couldn't be happier!
@BlinG One of those junk cps3 boards. :huh: You have anymore of those junk cps3 boards that you are willing to parts with that works. I just want the board to make into a multi. Ive been trying to get my hands on one.

What technique should I be using to calibrate the brightness pots? Grab scope and set the values that way? Is there an easy way to get a test pattern to do so?

@BlinG One of those junk cps3 boards. :huh: You have anymore of those junk cps3 boards that you are willing to parts with that works. I just want the board to make into a multi. Ive been trying to get my hands on one.
At the moment I don't have any spare CPS3 boards :(

@BlinG No problem. Was worth a try. Ill be on the look out on this forums to see of somebody is selling one.

yeah just found out I cannot use two undamned decoders. That's a major bummer =(

I'm aware of the DB15 spacing issue with Undamned encoders. It is a shame, just couldn't space them any further apart due to the compactness of the PCB and other surrounding components.
If you put the "Test" and "Service" buttons between the DB15 connectors, rather than on the outer edge, it doesn't cost you any real-estate.
-ud

Great!

Share some pics when finished please. :)
I don't know yet if this nice mini tool will work, but it's just what i've done few minutes ago :saint: . i'm praying to be good ... also i have on hand a voltmeter who must solder on the mini too ^^

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_234406_resized_20190731_115303800.jpg
    IMG_20190731_234406_resized_20190731_115303800.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Back