What's new
Are 0805 0.125W resistors instead of 1206 0.25W ok for the advanced version?

Last edited:
@Frank_fjs, can you confirm what is the correct mating connector for CN6 (Minifit Jr.), along with the pins that are needed?

Check the main post. Info is there under supplementary parts. :)

I've been updating the main post here and there. Have added digikey part numbers for all items now.

I can't find in Europe the crimp tools mentioned before, are these ones ok? the more datasheets and tools I read the more confused I am.

This one costs ~50€ shipped from UK, 45€ shipped from Japan.

Engineer PA-20 (1.6mm - 2.3mm)
Engineer PA-09 (1.0mm - 1.9mm)

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
What's the recommended fork/spade connector size for connecting power to an arcade psu like a MWP-606? I'm pretty sure that I found the right area on Digikey, but I got lost with all the options. Thanks!

Just placed an order for the advanced board on OSHPark ($43 for 3 boards) and Digikey for the other parts for enough to make the 3 boards ($60 with shipping). I already have jamma edge connectors and db15 connectors, so those are not included in the price. In all it looks like each board will be about $35. Not bad. I may offer up my 2 extra boards here once they are built and tested.

Awesome work!

When you put up the video circuit I'd love to use it to make an RGB bypass board that japanese supergun users can wire into their harnesses.

A few clarifications:

Both editions, standard and advanced, are identical in features barring:

Standard: Through-hole components. THS7316 RGB video circuit.

Advanced: Surface mount components. THS7374 RGBS video circuit. Power LED.

The remainder of features and circuitry is identical between them.
Might be worth adding the above wording to the first post so people can easily see what the differences are between versions.

A few clarifications:

Both editions, standard and advanced, are identical in features barring:

Standard: Through-hole components. THS7316 RGB video circuit.

Advanced: Surface mount components. THS7374 RGBS video circuit. Power LED.

The remainder of features and circuitry is identical between them.
Might be worth adding the above wording to the first post so people can easily see what the differences are between versions.
It also looks like the Advanced has the 1k pots and the standard didnt.

I'll keep updating the main post periodically as time permits. :) There's a lot of ground to cover and I think I've done well thus far.

Currently pimping out the advanced edition. Have added a different power connector, stereo audio support and button 4 can be enabled / disabled from the jamma edge via a switch.

I'll keep updating the main post periodically as time permits. :) There's a lot of ground to cover and I think I've done well thus far.
Frank, fantastic project so far. I will let you know how the build goes. I am sure you have lots of feature requests, but i will throw in a simple one. A connector to go out to a gbs8200 and bypass the rgb chip... really just a jst header that i can grab the rgb singles from. For now i will just solder it on at the jamma connector. Well done.

The main post has been updated with new information.

Also, a sneak peek at a new revision for the ADVANCED edition (don't fret, I won't be releasing it any time soon so you haven't wasted your money ordering PCB's now):
PCB_Adv.png

New power connector. Stereo audio support. Button 4 can be enabled / disabled from Jamma edge. Silkscreen improvements, added part numbers for most components.

Probably running out of room for much else. It's rather crammed packed full of features with the above additions at a very compact size (which keeps PCB costs down).

Back