What's new
That won't work.

RGBS is what's being output from the Minigun. There's a few suppliers of suitable cables, mentioned in the BOM and in this thread also. RetroAccessories, RetroGamingCables, eTim etc.

If needed, separated sync is coming very soon... :)

Could anyone link me to a supplier of the suitable cables? Or maybe just put the links to them in the first page. There's a lot of stuff in this thread to sift through.

Ah thank you for the help guys. Man these cables are freaking expensive. I didn't think I'd have to sink this much money into building a supergun.

So then do I convert SCART to S-Video with something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Swit...ywords=scart+to+s-video&qid=1571538580&sr=8-4

Also, is the audio coming out of this jack or should I be plugging the audio directly into the game itself?
No. That is a passive connector. It just passes the signal straight through.

So what adapter do I need to connect the SCART to a TV? Sorry for the million questions. I'm new to this as you can tell. I just need to turn the video into S-Video input for a TV. I would like as little lag as possible which is why I'm looking at pass throughs.

Why are you looking at S-Video? If you're connecting to a modern TV use an OSSC.

If using a CRT without SCART then you're better off using a component adapter since the minigun doesn't output native S-Video.

If S-Video is your only option I'm not aware of too many options to convert RGB SCART to S-Video. If you have component, get a CSY-2100 or a clone.

Well arcade boards output pure RGB and combined sync, so you really need a scart capable monitor.

Alternatively, an RGB scart to component encoder which there are a few of, such as RetroTink devices, Shinybow, CSY-2100 etc.

Or an OSSC to output to HDMI.

Or something like this to output composite and s-video:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/De5WXdy8

Why are you looking at S-Video? If you're connecting to a modern TV use an OSSC.

If using a CRT without SCART then you're better off using a component adapter since the minigun doesn't output native S-Video.

If S-Video is your only option I'm not aware of too many options to convert RGB SCART to S-Video. If you have component, get a CSY-2100 or a clone.
The TV I got only has composite or s-video. I don't want to use a modern TV with HDMI. It doesn't look good to me. I think that adapter above will work. I guess I'll have to hook up the wiring via this diagram?
MK30ADCAPUserManual.jpg

Last edited:
OSSC sync booster PCB prototype tested and working wonderfully. Docks straight into the OSSC VGA input, outputs TTL level sync, your choice of CSYNC or separated HV sync. Simple connection from Minigun via 8 pin Mini DIN cable. Get those pesky Taito F3 and other troublesome arcade boards working with your OSSC.
Starting download… 73155450_10218486344722927_18632611807100928_n.jpg
Starting download… 72628925_10218486343082886_4506784143757017088_n.jpg

Attachments

• Starting download… 72564584_10218486344362918_965509129177137152_n.jpg
    Starting download… 72564584_10218486344362918_965509129177137152_n.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 228
ahh wonderful!
Since it's using the VGA-Port on the OSSC you should be able to connect a 3,5mm jack to the AV3 audio Jack on the OSSC from the supergun, right?
Do you have a timeline for the release? It would fit perfectly in my setup :thumbsup:

Exactly, you take audio from the Minigun 3.5mm audio jack straight into the OSSC 3.5mm audio jack.

It's ready to go I just need to organise the download. Should be ready tonight.

Exactly, you take audio from the Minigun 3.5mm audio jack . . .
Is it possible to bypass the JAMMA audio and instead input stereo audio to the Minigun that then gets routed to the mini din 8 AV output?

The way I do it is to use either eTims scart adapter, or my version of it which will be released soon, and feed stereo audio directly into its 3.5mm jack, thus bypassing jamma audio.

The way I do it is to use either eTims scart adapter, or my version of it which will be released soon, and feed stereo audio directly into its 3.5mm jack, thus bypassing jamma audio.
That would do what I want. Thanks. Maybe I'll get one of those adapters and try it some time.

Exactly, you take audio from the Minigun 3.5mm audio jack straight into the OSSC 3.5mm audio jack.

It's ready to go I just need to organise the download. Should be ready tonight.
Cool, thanks! I've already done a stereo mod to my mv1c and feed stereo from a 3.5mm jack to eTims scart-adapter. Your version will simplify this setup :)

@the Goat

In case you missed it, this will be released soon. My version of eTims scart adapter. Only thing I need to finalise is a 3D printed enclosure, and this will be worked on by TwistedSymphony.
72396033_10218413289016580_9041961324170444800_n.jpg

Regarding the mini DIN 8 to VGA adapter, I have 2 versions one that only does CSYNC and one that does both CSYNC and separated HV sync. I'll probably just release the version that caters to all sync outputs. If one doesn't want / need HV sync you can use the cheaper and more common LM1882, otherwise an EL1883 needs to be used if separated HV sync is required.

This thing will work too for my RGB to S-Video conversion right? https://www.amazon.com/CVBS-S-Video-Converter-Board-Arcade/dp/B078HCVDKY

Only thing is they don't say which pin is what for the wiring. By the wire colors. I'm guessing red is +5V, black is ground, and the other 3 are the colors. Do I not need the CSYNC?

Oh wait, I just watched a video on it and it seems like it's just ground and the last pin is for sync.

Last edited:
Back