What's new
Thanks to SabreAZ I have my minigun all assembled and good to go. There is one minor issue though. I wanted to use my 8 pin din cable from my Vega Jr. for the minigun, but silly me, i forgot that the minigun uses a mini din. Is there any sort of converter out there for 8pin din to 8 pin mini din?

I have a question about the Vertical sync and horizontal sync of the video converter. Since the 8 pin mini din only has CSYNC, do I need to connect that wire to both HS and VS of the connector on the video converter? Or do I only need H sync?
rgb-cga-to-tv.jpg

You don't need either horizontal nor vertical sync, use CSYNC instead.

The Minigun outputs CSYNC which connects to S on CON2 of the video converter board.

Okay then that means I’ll have to cut the wires for that cable and solder that to the 8 pin mini din.

Ha, I'm getting there. Will extend it just wanted to verify fitment and things lining up first. Otherwise it's a waste of time and printing materials.

Think I'm just about done.

It's a bit of a wonky print as I just rushed it to prototype, low print quality settings etc, but she fits like a glove.

This is exciting to me. This Mini din 8 to scart adapter means you can use generic cables, separate audio if desired, feed in stereo audio from games such as CPS2 etc, it has proper scart voltages for CRT TVs to push AV / RGB / 4:3 mode and based upon a suggestion from @jassin000 I'll be incorporating a scart pin sync output switch to accommodate the OSSC hardware mod to utilise TTL sync from F3 and other troublesome games via the OSSC scart input.
Starting download… 73126792_10218537889371511_4316028174942076928_n.jpg

Attachments

• Starting download… 74610630_10218537889051503_5943627442173247488_n.jpg
    Starting download… 74610630_10218537889051503_5943627442173247488_n.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 211
seems a bit short
The idea is SCART ports in 2019 are silly...
We should be promoting/using 8pin mini din as the 240p scene standard.
oihFBl6.jpg

I intend to insert a few of these adapters into my OSSCs and SCART switch so I can achieve that goal.
Having a low profile is key to this "set it and forget it" viewpoint.
and based upon a suggestion from @jassin000 I'll be incorporating a scart pin sync output switch
If anyone did not see the OSSC mod yet take a look here...
By switching Sync pin 20 to Sync pin 12 you can process Sync using AV3 port.
F3 can work via AV1 (no HD15 cables/HATs required)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody, I'm a noob when it comes to this but what power supply is best for this? I am hearing stuff like RT-125A or RT-65A. Can anyone provide amazon links to these? I don't want to mess this up.

Hey everybody, I'm a noob when it comes to this but what power supply is best for this? I am hearing stuff like RT-125A or RT-65A. Can anyone provide amazon links to these? I don't want to mess this up.
Try digikey instead. The manufacturer is meanwell.

Is there anything I need to do to make the Standard Mini-Gun work on +5V only, like a Neo Geo MV1B or C? I installed most of the components on my pcb except for the tact switches, the molex, and the mini-din connector. When I flip the switch, the light doesn't turn on, and no output.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there anything I need to do to make the Mini-Gun work on +5V only, like a Neo Geo MV1B or C? I installed most of the components on my pcb except for the tact switches, the molex, and the mini-din connector. When I flip the switch, the light doesn't turn on, and no input.

Thank you.
Check the LED is oriented to the correct polarity. Use a multimeter to see if it has 5v before the 3k resistor.
I dont see why 5V only should not work... But someone else may chime in with some smarter advice :)

DC booster boards for the impending mini DIN 8 to scart adapter boards arrived today. Fit perfectly, function perfectly, still fits inside the 3D enclosure. Yes!

This was the last piece of the puzzle. Can now release these into the wild.

Starting download… 73302607_10218557191534053_2275704901575114752_n.jpg

DC booster boards for the impending mini DIN 8 to scart adapter boards arrived today. Fit perfectly, function perfectly, still fits inside the 3D enclosure. Yes!

This was the last piece of the puzzle. Can now release these into the wild.
Do want!

A question for those using a Meanwell RT-65A... how are you handling the cabling from the PSU to the wall socket? Is this something that's included in the PSU? If not, does anyone sell shielded cables?

Back