What's new
Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the function of H4 between the two controller ports? I can't seem to see mention of it anywhere.

It's a spare header for power (+5V and GND). Can be useful for 4 player adapters etc.

Is there a change log for version 2.3 to 2.5?

I’ve built a board a few months (?) ago but I’m wondering what’s different.

Love this project! I made mine recently, but I'm not getting any red coming out of it. Everything is soldered on correctly, but I don't know what it could be? The potentiometer? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

It could be any number of things:

The jamma connector RED pin

The pot

The THS7374

The video out connector

Perhaps a mis-solder or an inadvertent short of the RED signal to ground.

Thanks for the quick answer. Soldering looks fine. I'll need to look further into it with your suggested areas. Thanks!

Check the mini DIN 8 connector and might be worth verifying your video cable too. I mention the connector as I've noticed the cheaper ones have crappy pins.

Thanks, I'll check those too. I ordered all the same parts from the BOM file, but I'll take a look anyway. Thanks!

Mini Din will most likely be fine in that case.

They're fine(ish) pins, you definitely used an adequate amount of solder?

I think the THS pins would be the most likely cultprit.

I added more solder to it the other day. No bridges, so maybe the chip itself? Which is the jamma connector red pin? Can't recall offhand.

Pin 12 on the parts side.

What about your video cable, have you been able to verify that?

Thanks! Haven't had a chance to verify the video cable, but I think it should be good. I accidentally blew the chip yesterday, so I'm waiting on a new one to arrive now.

So mine is now up and running. My video chip is replaced and more solder was added to the edge connector. I can finally enjoy this amazing piece of work! Thank you!

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D printer schematic for a case for this thing? Ideally I'd like to have it in a nice case with easy access to be able to connect to power and jamma connectors.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D printer schematic for a case for this thing? Ideally I'd like to have it in a nice case with easy access to be able to connect to power and jamma connectors.
I think within this very thread there is a 3d case for this. I have it for both my miniguns.

BuZxIiM.jpg

Hi, guys, I can see that I never will find a HAS supergun. So where I can find one minigun ready for buy? I’m tired of waiting for order one HAS supergun. Is the minigun good like HAS??

Hi @Frank_fjs,

are there any updates regarding the cool new minigun supergun with the Genisis 2 output? I am just interested:) My Rad2x cable I ordered hasn‘t been send, an I looks like it would take someone time. The corona virus sadly effects the hole world... I hope everyone in here is find!

Thank you very much:)

Back