What's new
Hi everyone! Just discovered the whole supergun madness and CANNOT WAIT to get started :) Ordered myself a neogeo MVS too - happy days :)

A bit thank you too to Frank_fjs for this entire project! Amazing stuff, and kudos for doing it open source.

Dying to get my hands on a minigun of course but not quite clear on how the whole PCB business works - is there a waiting list of some kind? Can I hop on?

Thanks!

not quite clear on how the whole PCB business works - is there a waiting list of some kind? Can I hop on?
Sometimes people have them for sale. I can sell you a version 1.6 PCB if you are interested. Other than that, you need to order some for yourself.

I think I have a spare somewhere as well that I should sell.

Out of curiosity, how much is fair to charge for an assembled Minigun?

Hi everyone! Just discovered the whole supergun madness and CANNOT WAIT to get started :) Ordered myself a neogeo MVS too - happy days :)

A bit thank you too to Frank_fjs for this entire project! Amazing stuff, and kudos for doing it open source.

Dying to get my hands on a minigun of course but not quite clear on how the whole PCB business works - is there a waiting list of some kind? Can I hop on?

Thanks!
I'm currently taking pre-orders for one last batch of v2.3 (4 button JAMMA for MVS)

I think I have a spare somewhere as well that I should sell.

Out of curiosity, how much is fair to charge for an assembled Minigun?
I sell assembled Minigun PCBs for 120$, considering surface mount soldering on 2 sides, the edge connector, and a lot of different through hole components, there is a lot of labor involved, which is mostly what I charge for.

Is anyone making and selling the sync booster? I have an F3 that I'd love to get hooked up to my Minigun and decked out with a Darksoft Multi, but it's currently gathering dust because of its 'quirky' sync not playing nicely with the OSSC.

Is anyone making and selling the sync booster? I have an F3 that I'd love to get hooked up to my Minigun and decked out with a Darksoft Multi, but it's currently gathering dust because of its 'quirky' sync not playing nicely with the OSSC.
yeah that sucks man I had the same issue with my f3 until I finally got my HAS. I also only have the frame Meister and I'm unsure if the sync booster works with that or only the OSSC.

With the OSSC pro on the horizon I'm waiting to see what the options are available with it and if this sync booster is compatible still.

It doesn't help, at all.

F3 works via my sync booster PCB on OSSC.

yeah that sucks man I had the same issue with my f3 until I finally got my HAS. I also only have the frame Meister and I'm unsure if the sync booster works with that or only the OSSC.
"Regenerated" CSync on the HAS will fix it for the XRGB mini.

"Regenerated" CSync on the HAS will fix it for the XRGB mini.
Yes, I use the HAS for my F3 needs :thumbsup: Ordered the F3 multi already and looking forward to playing it when it comes in!

Until I got your HAS I had no way of playing it.

I'm using my 1.7 standard minigun and I constructed a cable to connect to a RGB to YPbPr circuit but I'm getting no output.

BAjNrT2.jpg

6ZgwvwO.jpg

Maybe I'm not supposed to use any caps or resistors in the converter circuit?

It will be a while before I actually get a proper SCART cable with OSSC/RetroTink 2X-Scart.

The Green circuit does work normally if I directly input the signals onto the board.

I've built several of those RGB to component PCBs, they do not work. I'm not sure if they're expecting a signal from a particular device or what but I had no success after building 3 of them with various changes. I gave up and bought a CSY-2100

Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably just save up for a proper cable and device. It probably needs a raw unfiltered signal or something. I'm not going to get the kind of circuit that relies on pots, too much work.

I do have a few AD725s, but I definitely couldn't get it to work.

Someone modified that component circuit to replace the transistors with a THS7374. Apparently it works much better.

I also couldn't get that circuit working. I think it's very fussy re the monitor it's connected to.

Someone modified that component circuit to replace the transistors with a THS7374. Apparently it works much better.

I also couldn't get that circuit working. I think it's very fussy re the monitor it's connected to.
I tried the one with the 7374 and it didn't work either :(

CSY-2100 for the win, or the Shinybow if you can find one.

Indeed. CSY-2100 doesn't breakout audio, not sure if the Shinybow does. Not a huge issue with the minigun but could be an issue if you want to use a console through the converter.

Shinybow does.

There's a Retrotink device too which is reportedly good.

Shinybow does.

There's a Retrotink device too which is reportedly good.
The retrotink also does scaling, great device. Like many hobby projects it can be difficult to get :( he's recently released a new version too.

Back