What's new
Design is finalised, I'm placing a PCB order this week as I want to test it before going public. :)
Whoooop whooop @Frank_fjs that sounds mega awesome!!!1111einself

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm just a bit worried that I can solder it my self. I never soldered SMD parts and I have no idea where to buy them:D Anyway I'll find it out and I'll give it a try. You grow with the challenges says a german saying.

I just donated some money for the new prototype. Btw I have no idea how much one AUD is worth it and what you can buy with it. So I hope it helps^^

Thanks for the recent donations! Everything helps immensely and offsets the cost of ordering test PCBs. :)

You are welcome!

Can I ask where you order your PCBs? I ordered at JLSPCB once in the past. It took some time but the result was quite nice!

The power supply cable that connects from the psu to the supergun broke. One of the wires came out somehow and I can’t fix it. Is it possible that I can get a new one?
Edit: I talked to him and it was taken care of. Thank you :)

Last edited:
what happened to those SNES/MD hats that sentinel was having? any of these ported here?

Just about finished soldering my Supergun Minigun - SMD was a new experience so I was just wondering.
I see there is a 'service' and 'test' button, is it possible to connect the supergun minigun to a monitor (MINI DIN -> HD15) and a PSU (can I use PC power supply?)

Then run a test and see if it passes without a game connected?

Thanks @Frank_fjs for your creations, need to shout you a beer

The test and service buttons correspond to those functions on a game PCB. It's not a menu or configuration tool built into the Minigun itself, it merely passes the signal on to the connected game PCB, which will invoke a test menu unique to said game PCB (usually things like colour bar patterns, test grids, sound options, input tests etc).

You can indeed run things from an ATX power supply though it's generally not recommended / optimal. Personally I've never experienced an issue.

@dan-esc check if your board needs -5V (negative), a few older boards needed it for the audio circuitry, my Gyruss board needs it.

Ah okay beauty, will try to pick up a cheap board to test. Really enjoyed the soldering as a project in and of itself.

Just to update this thread on my monitor sync issue:

I did get a new SCART->BNC cable without the sync stripper and it now works as expected! (makes sense)

Image is beautiful! Thanks again for this project!

Today arrived the RAD2X cable I ordered back at the beginning of February. Oh boy this pandemic makes you be patient... luckily, I am very patient! We here in Germany say: "Gut Ding will Weile haben". Freely translated this means: "Good things want to have a while". I hope this makes sense :D

I also finished my power supply cover for a MVP-606 to run with the minigun supergun. Feel free to use it. I posted it here:
MWP-606 Power Supply Cover

Now I'm patiently waiting for the minigun supergun with Genisis output :D I'm looking forward to it^^

Attachments

• rad2x cable.jpg
    rad2x cable.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 146
8 pin mini din to SCART cable, SCART cable into OSSC = HDMI
Or... 8 pin mini din to HD15 (often called VGA but that is incorrect because we are talking about the connector not the signal inside) HD15 cable to Retro A1 = VGA
Hi all, just wondering if you guys know the colour code for 8 Pin MDIN to HD15 (VGA) cable.
Do I need a multimeter to solder the correct cables as some colours don't match

Dude you don't go by color of the wire, you go by pinout.
Suppliers are known to use whatever color wire they please, its not a standard.

pinouts.jpg

oihFBl6.jpg

You'll notice D-SUB/VGA has both H-Sync and V-Sync...
But mini din only has composite sync, you simply connect composite to H-sync (pin 13) and leave V-sync empty/disconnected.

Hello,

I'm Diego, new at the forum. I was interested in this project but due to some importing issues and accesibility to some components (specifically the THS7374) I'm not able to build the advanced version. I tried to find the last version of the gerbers and BOM for the standard version but I couldn't find it in all the 58 pages. Do you know where I can find the gerbers and BOM for the standard version?

Thanks!!

Back