What's new
@Frank_fjs any idea if the Minigun supports Gyruss stereo?

The konami to jamma converter has the second audio channel broken out to a 2.54mm header.

What is the extent of the stereo support, JAMMA being a mono standard and all?

Good question!

So... MVS boards that support stereo over the jamma edge are fully supported. That's what the audio jumper is for (Mono / MVS).

For other PCBs that support external stereo audio such as CPS2, STV etc I find the best way is to use my scart adapted. This allows you to feed in line level audio via a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Additionally, the Minigun has that switched 3.5mm headphone connector meaning you can disable audio from the DIN connector and feed external stereo audio directly to your TV / amp.

Mini din 9 version rolling out either tonight or tomorrow. I've kept it identical to the current V2.5 barring the obvious change from mini din 8 to 9.

The next version which will be drastically different. That's all I'm going to say for now.

Wow that sound very cool!! Thank you very much for the update, I'm looking forward to this :)

Mini DIN 9 (SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis 2 connector) is up, check main post for download.

Main notable differences (please read last bullet point):
  • Mini DIN 8 connector removed and replaced with a Mini DIN 9 connector.
  • Video output capacitors and resistors removed due to them being situated inside a Mega Drive 2 video cable.
  • THS7374 power capacitors are now both surface mount.
  • Added a jumper header to toggle 75 Ohm or TTL level sync. This is required due to variations within Mega Drive 2 video cables.
    • If you are utilizing a video cable that is wired for sync over composite video or one that has NO passive components on the sync or composite video line, please select 75Ω sync.
    • If you are utilizing a video cable wired for TTL (CSYNC) and one that contains a resistor and capacitor along the sync line, please select TTL sync.
Annotation 2020-07-04 134959.png

It would be good if we could change it to DC power input. The 6PIN power supply above is very troublesome

I supply the PCB file so you can change anything you like.

DC power isn't going to be of much use on a supergun tthough, you need 3 separate voltages.

It would be good if we could change it to DC power input. The 6PIN power supply above is very troublesome
It is DC power input. Please explain what is troublesome.

Do you mean input a single voltage and have the supergun derive the other required voltages?

I assume he's talking about a standard barrel connector like a consolized Neo. Not an option unfortunately

Hi @Frank_fjs,

I can't thank you enough for the new DIN9 version of you supergun! Everything is well documented, the BOM has even order numers and the design looks clean! You are my hero! Of curse I donated some money, thank you very very much :)

I'm looking forward to build it and ordered everything for two and a half superguns. Just in case the first one I build does not work or I kill some of the SMD components^^ I'm used to soldering. But never soldered SMD components. We will see... :D

If someone is interested and find it useful. Here is the Digi-Key shopping cart: https://www.digikey.de/short/z95m7p

One question I have: Do I need to use the 75 Ohm resistor when using my RAD2x cable or do I have to ask the creator of this device? I don't wan't to kill it...

Thank you very much!!

Thanks!

Good question, I'd be asking the creator as I'm not sure.

I asked the creator, but until now he did not answer. I'll post his answer here when he does. Until now, it should be safe to try it while using the 75 Ohm resistor right? Less voltage is better than more if I'm correct :D

This week arrived all the electronic parts and today your PCB. It looks fantastic!!! I'm a bit worried about the THS7374 chip and it's small legs. But I'll have 5 tries :D JLCPCB sends always 5 PCBs and I ordered 5 video chips just in case...
IMG_9036 Kopie.jpg

Now I have something todo this weekend :)

Ooh, nice!

75 Ohm will be safe. Worst that will happen is that it won't work and you can switch to TTL.

It works perfectly on the first try:)
IMG_9042 Kopie.jpg

The image is really really nice. I have to adjust the colors and the brightness a bit, clean the PCB and I have to find out why the sound does not work via HDMI cable. I think my HDMI mini to HDMI adapter is garbage, I have to order a new one. But thats something for an other day. I just want to play a bit, so I'm using the 3.5mm audio output connector for sound, which works perfectly :) Oh and I have to build an other power cable. This one with white cables looks so bad!

Soldering was easier than expected, I'm proud of it! It took me something around two hours. This is the result (not cleaned and I took the picture before soldering the caps).
D08C77F4-05C6-43D7-9DFE-4C88AB4AAAD3 Kopie.jpg

Because everything worked so well and I didn't used the extra components (ordered just for safety^^), I have parts for an other one. Maybe I'll solder it next week or so... maybe someone is interested in it!?

Thank you very much @Frank_fjs for making this possible!!!

Last edited:
Yes you are right! I was a huge success for me!

I started with an non working 6 slot board in December last, I fixed everything (backup batterie is still missing, an other todo), I sanded and painted the cover, modded an AES Fight Stick and build you supergun. Now I can fully use it :thumbup:

The only thing I don't like is my 6 slot board has some problems running my Darksoft Multi MVS card. No hate, it should be my board and not the multi card! My 4 slot board inside my cabinet works fine whit it. I hope Darksoft can fix this one day, I'm patient :)

Oh and before I miss it: I used the 75 Ohm resistor when using my RAD2x cable. It works perfectly! The RAD2x guy did not answer...

One thing I modified a few minutes ago: I wired an cable from the Test button to the P1 B5. Since I use an MVS board and the MVS pinout differed a bit from the JAMMA standard, I can now switch between the 6 games I'm running. That means Service = Coin and Test = Select. I start the service menu via DIP switch 1. Better solutions are welcome :)

Oh and before I miss it: I used the 75 Ohm[/b] resistor when using my RAD2x cable. It works perfectly! The RAD2x guy did not answer...

One thing I modified a few minutes ago: I wired an cable from the Test button to the P1 B5. Since I use an MVS board and the MVS pinout differed a bit from the JAMMA standard, I can now switch between the 6 games I'm running. That means Service = Coin and Test = Select. I start the service menu via DIP switch 1. Better solutions are welcome :)
Good to have that info re the Rad2x, thanks!

Button 5 along the jamma edge also corresponds to NeoGeo SELECT. Not much use if you're using a 4 button controller but handy to know if you ever use a 6 button controller such as MD or Saturn or SNES etc.

Back