What's new
Digi-Key parts arrived late last night.

Test fitted all parts, all good.

Man that Sullins edge connector is chunky, seems of very high quality. Probably overkill for a supergun.

Re the test / service buttons, it's personal preference but some may want to order buttons with a higher switch height.

Re the 3.5mm audio connector. It fits with slight encouragement. Reason for it not fitting perfectly is I designed the PCB to suit a connector that I like using, but can't seem to find from the major electronics retailers. The latest version of the PCB matches the digikey listed part so this will no longer be an issue.

Dry test fit of digikey parts:
64474556_10217473852851263_5821325976381947904_n.jpg

Any idea why I cant add the 330 uf 10v caps on digikey? It says over 6k in stock but no add to cart button.
If you scroll down there's a link to a direct substitute, same cap just 16V instead of 10V which won't matter at all.

Also, I just realised why my order was so expensive re the smd stuff. I ordered reels which attracts a $7 US reel fee! I will update the links to cut tape which is A LOT cheaper.

Re the 330uF caps, you can still add them to your cart via the manual entry option. View your cart, copy / paste the digi-key part # into the part number field and it will add it to your cart.

Have corrected the digi-key links for the SMD stuff so you're not paying reeling fees and also changed the test / service switches from a 4.3mm high actuator to a 5mm high actuator.

I squeezed a voltmeter into the advanced edition, will update later today.

ADVANCED updated to V1.2c - added provisions for a voltmeter. Voltmeter part is listed in supplementary parts.

STANDARD remains unchanged and is still on V1.2b.

Cleaned up and updated the main post a little bit regarding parts. Added more manufacturers part numbers and added some cheaper alternatives for the DIN 8 and DB15's, as well as an alternate voltmeter (different brand, available in a variety of colours).

@Frank_fjs, v1.1 PCB's arrived today. Some feedback:
  • Solder holes appear to be very small for some components. Probably will run into issues when I assemble this when the Digikey parts arrive (a la 1st order with Sync Pulse Generator). Will let you know, but these components look to be impacted
    • Mini DIN 8
    • Caps
    • Resistors
  • DPDT switch is now listed in the parts list for the Standard version. Is that a mistake?

Any idea why I cant add the 330 uf 10v caps on digikey? It says over 6k in stock but no add to cart button.
Seems to be an IT issue with the site. I contacted customer service and they couldn't help. I'd just choose a different brand and be done with it.
Easy fix. When you land on the page that Frank links, copy the 'Digi-Key Part Number' into the search bar. You'll be transported to a page where you can add the part number.

@Frank_fjs, v1.1 PCB's arrived today. Some feedback:
  • Solder holes appear to be very small for some components. Probably will run into issues when I assemble this when the Digikey parts arrive (a la 1st order with Sync Pulse Generator). Will let you know, but these components look to be impacted
    • Mini DIN 8
    • Caps
    • Resistors
  • DPDT switch is now listed in the parts list for the Standard version. Is that a mistake?
The holes are the perfect size, as per datasheets and confirmed to be fine, don't fret. :)

The switch is there due to an update which allows one to toggle button 4 from the jamma edge.

Dry fit of digikey parts in standard edition, the PCB footrprint is perfect and I chose the components accordingly.

Resistors are fine too as are all connectors. This was all verified early on.

If they don't fit, you're doing something wrong (that's what she said) :)
62962343_10217475849261172_6865608151547248640_n.jpg

It's not tight (TWSS).

I assure you they will fit perfectly. All footprints are to spec as per datasheets. I've put these together and have verified fitment, the only connector that's slightly off is the 3.5mm audio connector but it still fits fine with a bit of maneuvering. This has since been rectified in the latest editions.

You don't want over-sized holes with loose fitting components, they'll fall out when you flip the board to solder.

Hint: With the cut tape parts, as the name suggests, use side cutters to cut the component legs from the cardboard / tape. Don't just pull them out, you'll end up with glue residue on the legs from the tape.

Re the 330uF caps, you can still add them to your cart via the manual entry option. View your cart, copy / paste the digi-key part # into the part number field and it will add it to your cart.

Have corrected the digi-key links for the SMD stuff so you're not paying reeling fees and also changed the test / service switches from a 4.3mm high actuator to a 5mm high actuator.
Thank you so much Frank_fjs for this project and the help! I have been waiting a while for a HAS/Parsec etc and now I can build my own. I ordered enough parts to make a couple!

It's not tight (TWSS).

I assure you they will fit perfectly. All footprints are to spec as per datasheets. I've put these together and have verified fitment, the only connector that's slightly off is the 3.5mm audio connector but it still fits fine with a bit of maneuvering. This has since been rectified in the latest editions.

You don't want over-sized holes with loose fitting components, they'll fall out when you flip the board to solder.

Hint: With the cut tape parts, as the name suggests, use side cutters to cut the component legs from the cardboard / tape. Don't just pull them out, you'll end up with glue residue on the legs from the tape.
Not an issue but the test and service switches required some wiggling and force to push through, just a tad snug. Just be prepared to feel like it doesn't push through, but it will. This was in ver. 1.2 of the advanced board.

They're supposed to be like that, they kind of 'snap' in on account of the bend in each leg. It provides support and stability to the switch. Also means they can be used in breadboards without soldering. Line up each leg with each hole properly and press down, simple.

Also, I just realised why my order was so expensive re the smd stuff. I ordered reels which attracts a $7 US reel fee! I will update the links to cut tape which is A LOT cheaper.
I did that too at first... it almost doubled the total price of the parts. Luckily I was kinda shocked by the $100 price tag for the parts and double checked everything.

I added a proper bill of materials in PDF form, easier to read than the table on these forums. Check main post for download links. Also added the BOM PDF files to the download zip.

I've got the latest edition PCB's in fabrication, should have them in a week or so. Will be selling off some excess as I need to start paying for some of the R&D that went into this. :)

I added a proper bill of materials in PDF form, easier to read than the table on these forums. Check main post for download links. Also added the BOM PDF files to the download zip.

I've got the latest edition PCB's in fabrication, should have them in a week or so. Will be selling off some excess as I need to start paying for some of the R&D that went into this. :)
Put me down for an excess :)

Back