What's new
I'm gearing up towards a REV 2.5 release.

This release adds button 5 support to the jamma edge with a dipswitch to toggle buttons 4 and 5 from the jamma edge. Check out that compact dipswitch, it's so tiny it's adorable! Space is limited and this small surface mount dipswitch fits in perfectly.

Repositioned the TEST & SERVICE tactile switches to allow more room near the 3mm corner hole, for screws / feet / mounting hardware etc, as with the 3 pin MVS | MONO header.

I've done a major overhaul of the EasyEDA source file, naming conventions and such, footprint accuracy, silkscreen, trace refinement and completed the 3D components for the 3D rendered preview.

Tidy ups to the BOM too.

I'm dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's as this will be the final release. It's refined and working wonderfully and I want more time to work on other projects. Having a finalised design will be beneficial to people making 3D printed enclosures, plexi cases etc.
71119182_10218278666771108_3352991207465680896_n.jpg

Please make it a CRT OLED RGB HDMI upscaler with scanlines and I will buy it for my 8K TV.

Last edited:
Nice work Frank_fjs! Now I'm going to have to work on a "final" R3 release for my case, hehe. Kidding aside, I think there will need to be another revision for the new layout.

For the time being, I have published an update to my 3d printed case to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807401

There is a new version that works for v2.1 through v2.3. I've also added another v1.7 top case that allows to flush mount a voltmeter directly to the plastic.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. I can also print these if you are interested, otherwise, happy printing!

Nice work Frank_fjs! Now I'm going to have to work on a "final" R3 release for my case, hehe. Kidding aside, I think there will need to be another revision for the new layout.

For the time being, I have published an update to my 3d printed case to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807401

There is a new version that works for v2.1 through v2.3. I've also added another v1.7 top case that allows to flush mount a voltmeter directly to the plastic.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions. I can also print these if you are interested, otherwise, happy printing!
I just so happen to have a 1.7 and 2.1 board in transit to me now. What would be the cost and best method to get these cases for each from you? :D

Final revision (REV 2.5) up, see main post for details.

Main changes:
  • Button 5 available from Jamma edge.
  • Buttons 4 & 5 may be enabled / disabled from the Jamma edge via a dipswitch.
  • Added 3 x +5V headers. 2.54mm spacing so that header pins may be soldered in if desired. One may be used for the voltmeter, two spare for future expansion or if needed to power other +5V devices.
  • TEST & SERVICE switches moved (to allow more space between them and the corner mounting hole).
  • LPF uses a switch however a header pin / jumper shunt combo may still be utilised if desired.
  • AUDIO (MONO | MVS) uses header pins / jumper shunt.
  • Routing / copper / trace / silkscreen refinement.
  • BOM in CSV / EXCEL / PDF format. CSV file may be imported into Digi-Key for quick ordering of components.
Thanks to all for helping me get this far, the support, the awesome build pictures and monetary donations.

Hello everyone!

I have started assembling Miniguns for customers this month. I’m stocked up on all the parts and am currently taking orders for my next production batch. I can bundle the supergun with a 3d printed case and a power cable. I also make CPS1 and CPS2 kick harnesses. Everything can also be purchased separately from a Minigun unit of you already own one.

I’m located in Canada, but can ship worldwide. My prices included basic parcel shipping, tracked express is extra. If you are interested, contact me via DM and I will give you the price list and an ETA depending on what you are looking for.

RiQ4YMM.jpg

LZUpzUy.jpg

No, sorry, I thought you had the standard edition with fixed resistors. Disregard everything I've said.

Adjust the pots!
Ok Frank I am about to miss around with these pots. Can you point me into which ones to start with? I don't want to mess the process up.

Thank you Kelly,

@Frank_fjs I might be wrong but the only part I do not see in the bom file for rev2.5 of the minigun is the 7segment led display for the voltage.

Voltmeter should be listed in external parts. :)

out of curiosity, does the brook neogeo to ps4 adapters work? Since undamned's db15s are out of the limelight for a bit, im curious if they will work?

@arcadeqc

Damn nice job on assembly, all around. :)

@zionfarm

The 3 x pots relate to RGB signals. Use a small screwdriver to adjust them until brightness is acceptable and colour balance is even. Loading up a colour bar test pattern will be helpful here, MVS has a nice one in its service menu.

I can't see why those controller adapters wouldn't work, @SabreAZ.

Back