What's new
out of curiosity, does the brook neogeo to ps4 adapters work? Since undamned's db15s are out of the limelight for a bit, im curious if they will work?
That's actually a great question. Would like to hear if anyone has done any testing on this.

I bought one of the Brook adapters and I received it, but havent had a chance to test it yet. I'll let you know tomorrow.

We've touched on this topic before, but as a reminder these mini DIN 8 to RGB scart kits from eTim are a great way to connect the video and audio of the Minigun Supergun to a monitor / OSSC etc.
images (8).jpeg

The included DIN 8 cable isn't very good and best replaced with a higher quality cable.

The advantages being:

Proper scart voltage output on pins 8 and 16 for automatic RGB selection, switching and 4:3 aspect ratio.

Can run audio down the mini DIN 8 cable or separately via a 3.5mm stereo audio cable.

Can feed stereo audio from the RCA output of CPS2 (and other games that support external stereo output) to the 3.5mm socket of the DIN 8 / scart kit. Easy no fuss way of enjoying stereo audio.

Can feed stereo audio from the RCA output of CPS2 (and other games that support external stereo output) to the 3.5mm socket of the DIN 8 / scart kit. Easy no fuss way of enjoying stereo audio.
How does this work? Wouldn't I end up with qsound plus the audio through the minidin if I plugged qsound into the etim scart adapter?

How does this work? Wouldn't I end up with qsound plus the audio through the minidin if I plugged qsound into the etim scart adapter?
Nope. Audio from the jamma edge never gets passed through. The 3.5mm audio input of the eTim scart kit is switched and therefore cuts audio from the DIN input.

Simply run a mini DIN 8 cable from the Minigun to the eTim adapter. This takes care of video.

Run a twin RCA to 3.5mm connector from the CPS2 RCA output to the eTim adapter 3.5mm audio input, boom stereo audio output over whatever your eTim scart adapter is connected to.

Audio from the Minigun DIN output (jamma edge) / eTim DIN input is disconnected due to the 3.5mm audio input of the eTim adapter cutting audio to the DIN.

Perfect and easy solution. :)

Audio from the Minigun DIN output (jamma edge) / eTim DIN input is disconnected due to the 3.5mm audio input of the eTim adapter cutting audio to the DIN.

Perfect and easy solution. :)
Ahh! I noticed that I get audio on the minidin but when I plugged in the audio jack it got disabled.

I assumed that the switching was being done on the minigun.

Not to confuse things, but the Minigun acts the same way. Once you connect to the 3.5mm jack of the Minigun audio to the DIN is cut.

However for the sake of what we're discussing here, CPS2 stereo audio, the 3.5mm jack of the Minigun isn't utilised.

I tested out the Brook Neo Geo adapter with a PS3 controller. It worked great in my limited testing. I didnt even realize that you initally plug your controller into it with USB and then you can disconnect the usb and use the PS3 controller wireless! Instructions say you can reassign buttons as well, but I didnt test that out.

I tested out the Brook Neo Geo adapter with a PS3 controller. It worked great in my limited testing. I didnt even realize that you initally plug your controller into it with USB and then you can disconnect the usb and use the PS3 controller wireless! Instructions say you can reassign buttons as well, but I didnt test that out.
Does it work with 6-button games despite being a Neo Geo adapter?

Does it work with 6-button games despite being a Neo Geo adapter?

Good question. I only have a MV1C and a IGS PGM. I kind of doubt it though. It just turns the extra PS3 controller buttons into duplicate Neo Geo buttons. So like A and B are duplicated on the triggers.

out of curiosity, does the brook neogeo to ps4 adapters work? Since undamned's db15s are out of the limelight for a bit, im curious if they will work?
i have the brook PS3/4 to neo geo adapter and it does work with the minigun. I have v2.1 of the minigun.

I would not recommend using the Brooks Ps3/PS4 adapter for the minigun. First off the adapter has many issues including issues with simultaneous button presses (Throws for instance in Tekken) and has a lack of functionality (Can't save custom reprogrammed button profiles). Also this adapter DOES NOT SUPPORT 5or6 BUTTONS! Even though on Brooks and other websites it claims to support kick buttons it in fact does not. It only it meant to be used with a NeoGeo and limits itself to 4 buttons. Also the instructions you get with the adapter are wrong and Brooks hasn't bothered to fix them in the past 2 years.

The Undamned adapter is what I would recommend but seems current orders are on hiatus for awhile (UD-USB Decoders) .

Last edited:
this is exactly the type of info i was looking for. Much appreciated!

Nope. Audio from the jamma edge never gets passed through. The 3.5mm audio input of the eTim scart kit is switched and therefore cuts audio from the DIN input.

Simply run a mini DIN 8 cable from the Minigun to the eTim adapter. This takes care of video.

Run a twin RCA to 3.5mm connector from the CPS2 RCA output to the eTim adapter 3.5mm audio input, boom stereo audio output over whatever your eTim scart adapter is connected to.

Perfect and easy solution.
Just to be sure: i run the RGC mini din 8 to Scart for my minigun V1.7. It does not have 3.5mm input.

The only way to disable mono audio to the minigun is in the CPS2 menu and then run RCA cables from the stereo output of the CPS2 board to my external audio amp ?

thx

In your scenario, you'd want to:

Run the RGC cable as per normal.

Insert a 3.5mm cable / adapter into the Minigun 3.5mm connector. This will cut audio to the Minigun DIN. You don't need to connect the opposing end to anything, it's just being inserted into the Minigun 3.5mm connector to disable audio being output over the DIN.

Something like this for example:

download.jpeg

Feed the CPS2 RCA output into your amp.

You can't disable audio from the jamma edge via the CPS2 service menu.

We've touched on this topic before, but as a reminder these mini DIN 8 to RGB scart kits from eTim are a great way to connect the video and audio of the Minigun Supergun to a monitor / OSSC etc.
images (8).jpeg

The included DIN 8 cable isn't very good and best replaced with a higher quality cable.

The advantages being:

Proper scart voltage output on pins 8 and 16 for automatic RGB selection, switching and 4:3 aspect ratio.

Can run audio down the mini DIN 8 cable or separately via a 3.5mm stereo audio cable.

Whats the Booster converter (DC-DC Converter) in that for? Do you need to put it in?

I would assume it's for the 5V like that tells the TV to change to RGB mode. It's silkscreened optional on the PCB

DC booster is optional.

It benefits CRT TV users as it boosts the 5V coming through the cable to 12V, and also creates a separate 3V. For scart pins 8 & 16. These signals assert RGB mode and 4:3 aspect ratio.

No benefit or reason to install it if you're using an OSSC.

I would not recommend using the Brooks Ps3/PS4 adapter for the minigun. First off the adapter has many issues including issues with simultaneous button presses (Throws for instance in Tekken) and has a lack of functionality (Can't save custom reprogrammed button profiles). Also this adapter DOES NOT SUPPORT 5or6 BUTTONS! Even though on Brooks and other websites it claims to support kick buttons it in fact does not. It only it meant to be used with a NeoGeo and limits itself to 4 buttons. Also the instructions you get with the adapter are wrong and Brooks hasn't bothered to fix them in the past 2 years.

The Undamned adapter is what I would recommend but seems current orders are on hiatus for awhile (UD-USB Decoders) .
I mean, I would use the Undamned converter if it was available, but it is not. As I don't really play many 5/6 button games, the only thing that seems interesting from the things you mentioned is the "simultaneous button presses" issue. Could you elaborate on that?

I have a Brooks converter and it seems to work alright with Minigun, but I haven't really tested it much.

In your scenario, you'd want to:

Run the RGC cable as per normal.

Insert a 3.5mm cable / adapter into the Minigun 3.5mm connector. This will cut audio to the Minigun DIN. You don't need to connect the opposing end to anything, it's just being inserted into the Minigun 3.5mm connector to disable audio being output over the DIN.

Something like this for example:

download.jpeg

Feed the CPS2 RCA output into your amp.

You can't disable audio from the jamma edge via the CPS2 service menu.
Thanks man!

Back