What's new
I would not recommend using the Brooks Ps3/PS4 adapter for the minigun. First off the adapter has many issues including issues with simultaneous button presses (Throws for instance in Tekken) and has a lack of functionality (Can't save custom reprogrammed button profiles). Also this adapter DOES NOT SUPPORT 5or6 BUTTONS! Even though on Brooks and other websites it claims to support kick buttons it in fact does not. It only it meant to be used with a NeoGeo and limits itself to 4 buttons. Also the instructions you get with the adapter are wrong and Brooks hasn't bothered to fix them in the past 2 years.

The Undamned adapter is what I would recommend but seems current orders are on hiatus for awhile (UD-USB Decoders) .
I mean, I would use the Undamned converter if it was available, but it is not. As I don't really play many 5/6 button games, the only thing that seems interesting from the things you mentioned is the "simultaneous button presses" issue. Could you elaborate on that?
I have a Brooks converter and it seems to work alright with Minigun, but I haven't really tested it much.
I used it for my Namco boards, specifically Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag; and I experienced issues with consistency on multi-button presses. For example I play a ton of Jack and one of his main moves requires 1+2 to be pressed at the same time. For my test I was using a RAP4 but did not test with a PS4 controller or PS3 controller (If I'm playing an arcade game my whole purpose would be to use a stick). I was having issues with the execution of the move I described previously and throws (1+3, 2+4). I then wired in a DB-15 port into my RAP4 and have used it since with 0 issues.

I can say that I have not tested the output of the adapter on a Digital Analyzer for instance, so my observation is through experience and not purely scientific. I really didn't care enough to go farther since I could simply wire my fight stick to a DB15 connector.

Assembling a minigun, and I realize I don't have a any db15 controllers. Might be awhile before I hear from Frank's md2neo batch, and undamneds out of stock for awhile...

Prices for an actual neo Geo controller are like 60$ on eBay...

What can I do for a quality controller with 5/6 support ? :(

I ended up using some snipped DB-15 cables and undamned's no plastic cover converter. There's a header on there that works fine.

Assembling a minigun, and I realize I don't have a any db15 controllers. Might be awhile before I hear from Frank's md2neo batch, and undamneds out of stock for awhile...

Prices for an actual neo Geo controller are like 60$ on eBay...

What can I do for a quality controller with 5/6 support ? :(
Dude, now you're making me feel bad. I can't have a Minigun user with no controllers, I'll fast track some MD2NEOs over the weekend and PM you.

Here's another tip: If you don't like screwdriver adjusted pots you can use these knobbed pots as a direct replacement.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bourns-inc/3362P-1-102TLF/3362P-1-102TLF-ND/2536611

I feel like Oprah:

You get a controller adapter, you get a controller adapter, and you get a controller adapter!
3c3yce.jpg

Last edited:
I'm lucky enough that a buddy of mine still has a couple undamned usbs he was going to sell me for my minigun. Otherwise I would be in ya'lls boat haha

I'll churn out as many as I can. Happy to give priority to Minigun users. I'll need to order the PCBs though as I'm running low.

MD2NEO with an 8bitdo M30 is my fav.

MD2NEO with an 8bitdo M30 is my fav.
me too

sounds like it’s time for minigun rev 2.6 with integrated md2neo!!

But seriously if I knew what I was doing I’d be tempted to make one with md connectors instead of db15 just to save the footprint length. M30 is the best for my test rig.

Last edited:
Problem with incorporating MD on the Minigun is space. It's a compact pcb and there really isn't room to spare. The DB9s take up less space but then you need to add the microcontroller, capacitors etc. Also people would complain about being tied to Mega Drive controllers. :rolleyes:

I've ordered 100 x PCBs for the MD2NEO adapters. I got stung with a missing delivery for the sockets so am short on parts. Probably have enough parts on hand to make 10 as of right now, will need to order more parts when I can.

out of interest What height are tactile switches when used with a the 3d printed case SW! and SW 2?

For the default switches listed in the BOM, the height from the PCB is 5mm.

If you search the base part number on digikey:

MJTP1230

You can find them in a variety of heights.

I'm not sure exactly which one is being utilised with the 3D case, maybe 12mm?

Wow, I need to build me one of these miniguns.. any BOM from mouser availible?

BOMs from different suppliers is on my to-do list. E14 / RS / Mouser should stock everything needed, even if an exact part isn't available it's all generic stuff and a direct substitute will be available.

If you want to suss it out for yourself, copy / paste the manufacturer part number into Mouser and chances are they'll have it.

BOMs from different suppliers is on my to-do list. E14 / RS / Mouser should stock everything needed, even if an exact part isn't available it's all generic stuff and a direct substitute will be available.

If you want to suss it out for yourself, copy / paste the manufacturer part number into Mouser and chances are they'll have it.
B6B-XH-A(LF)(SN)JST Sales America Inc.455-2271-NDCN51CONN HEADER VERT 6POS 2.5MM
EBM28DREHSullins Connector SolutionsS3356-NDJ11CONN EDGE DUAL FMALE 56POS 0.156
XZCBD60WSunLED1497-1399-1-NDLED1LED BLUE CLEAR 2SMD
CL-SA-12C-02Nidec Copal Electronics563-1388-NDSW41SWITCH SLIDE SPDT 500MA 12V

is not availible at mouser.. they do however sell HIROSE jamma connectors.. 15€ each + tax

Back