What's new
Can I please get on the list for two md2neo adapters.
I'm in the same situation with not being able to source a decent Neogeo controller off ebay (high shipping cost!!!)
Was looking to hack a neogeo mini controller but from my understanding these don't have the "clicky" feel on the original.

I will create a new forum thread tomorrow to gather MD2NEO interest, so that I may guage numbers and consolidate buyers into one place - otherwise I'm going to lose track of who needs one. :)

I've already ordered the PCBs and parts...

It is indeed non-shorting and I chose this type of switch as it has the same pitch as jumper pins, so either may be used.

Mouser substitutes:

Blue SMD LED 1206

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail...fSY3csMkdgyOOAg6kv20ab9RDJ%2Bn224HlIHcBSv8A==

SPDT slide switch

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMtHXLepoqNyVR91FQw5%2BhL84lwLXGUp5ts=

Can't believe Mouser don't stock JST connectors. They're easy to find from alternate places or even from JST directly.

Jamma edges can be purchased from arcade suppliers, Aliexpress, eBay etc if needed.
How about this one as JST replacement?

https://www.mouser.se/ProductDetail/538-35312-0660
+
https://www.mouser.se/ProductDetail/?qs=ZlMU7IUseCuVmISgkvHswg==

also, I would like to consolize a couple of MVS boards.. wouldnt it be optimal to use the video circuit from the minigun?

Capture.JPG

I can see many ppl recommend this one below thou.. anyone tried both?

2b3ee996aa46e1c2820fc6fb804f72ac.png

That might work. Pitch and dimensions are the same, only discrepancy is that the JST uses 0.9mm holes whereas the Molex specifies 1.2mm. Not sure how much leeway there is, it might still fit.

also, I would like to consolize a couple of MVS boards.. wouldnt it be optimal to use the video circuit from the minigun?

Capture.JPG

Minigun video circuit would work fine for this.
The difference between the board you linked and the Minigun circuit is:

- The other board uses fixed resistors instead of a potentiometer for the video levels, which means you cant adjust R,G and B intensity. This should be fine as long as you only want to support one type of hardware.
- The other board uses DC coupled output instead of AC coupled output. Both are reference designs. In theory, AC coupling can be more reliable/better on some video devices (but I have not seen much of a difference on my Trinitron or through OSSC)

Minigun video circuit would work fine for this.The difference between the board you linked and the Minigun circuit is:

- The other board uses fixed resistors instead of a potentiometer for the video levels, which means you cant adjust R,G and B intensity. This should be fine as long as you only want to support one type of hardware.
- The other board uses DC coupled output instead of AC coupled output. Both are reference designs. In theory, AC coupling can be more reliable/better on some video devices (but I have not seen much of a difference on my Trinitron or through OSSC)
Thanks for explaining man :)

Yeah the pots I totally get, was more curious about the rest of the design since I didnt find anything about that in the manual I had.
The manual only had the design used in the minigun pcb.

I will order some extra parts and make some separate video circuits for the mvs boards I want to consolize :)

Last edited:
Minigun video circuit would work fine for this.The difference between the board you linked and the Minigun circuit is:

Thanks for explaining man :)
Yeah the pots I totally get, was more curious about the rest of the design since I didnt find anything about that in the manual I had.
The manual only had the design used in the minigun pcb.

I will order some extra parts and make some separate video circuits for the mvs boards I want to consolize :)
What manual is that?
Anyways, just driving the output with 75 ohm resistors is totally safe, and as mentioned is one of the reference designs of THS7374, see the right side of the picture on page 1 in http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ths7374.pdf
Most RGB bypass console mods do this as far as I've seen.

Capture.JPG

I use the one below in my consolized but the image output is too dark.
I have a Sony CRT and a CSY 2100 clone.
With the minigun it works fine because I can adjust the pots.

Hi guys!
This looks really cool! Great job designing this!
Just started collecting arcade stuff and building my first arcade cabinet.
Mostly want the supergun for easy cable assembly and safe audio/video circuitry.

What happened to the "basic" mostly through hole version?

Are anyone selling printed PCBs for a reasonable price (shipped to Norway) or have a good explanation on how to order this from a recommended PCB manufacturer?

I also sell assembled PCBs for the Minigun Advanced. If you want a bare PCB, or even a DIY kit, send me a DM

Thanks a lot for the offers guys. Main cost problem here seems to be shipping. If the chinese prototype PCB guys does production and shipping for less than the international shipping fee from a western country. Order a 10-pack from PCBWay for about the same as the eBay suggested shipping costs from evilsims auction. Will get back to you if they for some reason mess things up.

Are there any changelog history available on the different PCB versions?
Any thoughts about uploading the PCB to GitHub or some other of open source community to better preserve version history, issues and suggestions?

Last edited:
@vidarw I can send you some 1.7 pcbs for free if I manage to find them! please let me know if you're interested in them.

Hey Guys,

I've started to "design" a plexiglas-case for the minigun a few days ago.
Disclaimer: I've never done any case modelling or anything like that before. I've just barely managed to design that in Fusion360.
Here are the results for the first prototype:

IMG_0664.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg

This is designed specifically to work with the plexi-case I have for my mv1c.
After first assemble I already found two mistakes I need to fix - thats for the next version.

I will release the Fusion files as soon as I have managed to fix the mistakes. After that everyone can modify the files for their needs.

@Frank_fjs: Thank you very much for all your hard work!

- kinox51

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 214
Back