What's new
my OSSC (recent firmware) supports 15k on RGBHV as long as the sync is properly separated to HV it shows on the screen and the light on the OSSC goes green. I can get a photo if you like of it sync'd at 15k
Not amazing or shocking in any way... But tell me what advantage does separating composite sync have?
You can use it on AV3.

You can use it on AV3.
AV3 is a preference, especially now with the sync pin12 mod you don't even need it for Taito F3.
Remember you'll also lose low pass filtering from the OSSC if you use HD15/AV3 (its only available to SCART/AV1).

OSSC for the most part hates any type of sync processing... Be it stripping, regenerating, etc.
Only one case where its necessary and that is again the F3, which you want buffered TTL composite sync leaving your device no matter what port (AV1+mod or AV3) OSSC processes on.

Virtually everything else should be 75ohm raw (zero processing) composite sync into the OSSC AV1 port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may revert back to a simpler design and ditch the HV separation if it's not working. It really isn't necessary anyhow, especially if it doesn't work. :)

Finally received the last thing I needed to get this up and running! Was a scart cable from retro access which took awhile to ship. Waiting on the cable sleeving to make the power cable look pretty but it is pretty much done. I burned some traces on the 7374 because my iron was too hot despite me using tons of flux so that had me worried. When I started my sega16 board I got a black screen. I then noticed the B board wasn't pushed down all the way. Both that, the Neo Geo, and my IGS pictured below boot right up! :thumbup:

Questions:

1. IGS PGM doesn't have sound. I tried messing with the dial pot on the side of the board but nothing. I think maybe that dial needs to be replaced. I recapped both the main board and the game so it can't be that. There's nothing special I have to do with the minigun and IGS right?

2. Also a few pages back I asked about the Taito F3 and how to get that running with this. I am using a Scart > gscartsw > framemeister to output this. I tried hooking up the F3 and got a black screen. I am aware of it's weird sync issues but not sure how to get it running on my setup. Everyone uses OSSC these days and I don't have one of those. Any help on getting a F3 running with the minigun using a framemeister would be appreciated!

oMrDYzt.jpg

IzYHmgF.jpg

BuZxIiM.jpg

I have a lot of people to thank!

@evilsim - Thank you for providing the bare pcb's! He sold me a spare 2.1 board but also included a 1.7 freebie!

@arcadeqc - Thank you for providing these dope ass 3D printed cases for both the 1.7 and 2.1 boards. I have yet to assemble the 1.7 but as you can see the 2.1 looks glorious!

@Frank_fjs - Thanks for making an open source supergun! This is my first supergun. I was unable to test any of my arcade boards without the laborious task of putting them into my dynamo and messing with the monitor.

Frank also supplied me with the MD2Neo's so I could actually play the games, and a Sega16toJamma adapter. I believe there is a 4p board in the mail on the way as well. :)

Do other boards have sound, just PGM that doesn't?

Nothing special required in regards to audio for PGM, set the Minigun to MONO and that's it. If other boards are working in relation to audio I'd suspect a fault with the PGM. You can tap audio from the 4P IDC header which may help diagnose.

Working on a revised 4P adapter. Simpler and detached from supergun, well in regards to the DB15s anyhow.

I need to add some more to it before release, namely I'll wire up +5V and ground to the PGM header so it'll be completely standalone sans the 34p IDC cable. Also plan on adding a voltage regulator for use with CPS2 which outputs 12V over the kick harness connector, again making the 4P adapter standalone from the supergun sans the kick harness cable.

For everything else there's a 2 pin header on both the Minigun and 4P adapter to carry power and ground.

76713925_10218732124147259_835540463862677504_n.jpg
75371660_10218732124307263_8791911588077502464_n.jpg

hey @Frank_fjs , completely out of curiosity.. have you played X-men VS Street fighter at all? reason i ask is with the sentinel and minigun I can't input lightning attack or drill claw (LP + MK) during game play.. any solutions available for a quick fix?

Tried disabling buttons 4 & 5 from the jamma edge? I believe this is what causes the conflict and why I've implemented switches to enable / disable these buttons from the jamma edge.

Okay so I wired up my undamned usb decoders and some inputs just don’t register. I know it’s not a connectivity issue because I checked with a multimeter. Anyone else have issues like this? I wired it up according to the pin outs of their documentaton

Have you tried doing a manual button remapping as described in the undamned db15 manual?

I tried but it didn’t seem to work. I tried to hold down all 3 buttons to get the light to blink but it never did. I’m going to try to update the firmware. And the remapping only maps buttons right? Three of my directions still doesn’t register.

I think you only need to hold down two buttons.

And you're correct, it's only for action buttons. Directionals, coin and start don't get remapped.

woohoo I met a guy who does 3D printing for schools etc and he basically mini-mass produces 3d printed stuff locally.

I am going to get a bunch of minigun 2.1+ shells printed, the shell from thingverse (with the holes in the top for pot adjustment etc). If anyone is interested i'd be happy to share the good prices on here :) PM ME. I don't expect to have any avail for a few weeks.
I'll also get some CPS2 LCD screen shells too. And then more stuff.

woohoo I met a guy who does 3D printing for schools etc and he basically mini-mass produces 3d printed stuff locally.

I am going to get a bunch of minigun 2.1+ shells printed, the shell from thingverse (with the holes in the top for pot adjustment etc). If anyone is interested i'd be happy to share the good prices on here :) PM ME. I don't expect to have any avail for a few weeks.
Interested in CPS2 LCD screen at good price :thumbsup:

What would be his price on the pgm shells?
3D printed replacement cases for carts

Might need to hit you up for one of those sync boosters eventually.

@Frank_fjs thanks for this awesome project!

I ordered some of these pcbs and parts and finally built up the courage to take a crack at it. I am still a newb with soldering but have come a very long way from my first venture into the hobby which was panicking about soldering 4 wires to my DS CPS2 kit :P

Check it out, I put together my first supergun. I was so pumped when I powered it up and the 5V showed and nothing blew up! I was still a little nervous so I gave it a test run on Ninja Combat LOL.

Happy to say the thing works great. Tried it on 4 boards so far and everything works great.

Thanks again. This has really boosted my confidence in being able to keep my head above water in the hobby when I need to roll up my sleeves.

Attachments

• mini1.jpg
    mini1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 178
  • mini2.jpg
    mini2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 164
I am the designer of the 3d printed shell on Thingiverse. I’m already making them available to help fund my work. I have published the files for everyone to print their own and modify, and I encourage everyone to do so. Print them, share them with friends.

If you take a look at the publishing license, I am using CC-BY-NC-SA, which means that you can’t profit from my work. I’d ask that you respect that.

Back