What's new
i noticed when usingthe minigun with the ossc, im getting some video signal noise. Some slight wavy noise. Is this normal? If not, what could possibly be causing it? Using a meanwell rt65a, psu, 18 gauge wire, retrogamingcables packapunch scart. And all parts via the BOM, aside from wires.

Just wondering what my possibilities are to solve it.

i noticed when usingthe minigun with the ossc, im getting some video signal noise. Some slight wavy noise. Is this normal? If not, what could possibly be causing it? Using a meanwell rt65a, psu, 18 gauge wire, retrogamingcables packapunch scart. And all parts via the BOM, aside from wires.

Just wondering what my possibilities are to solve it.
Try a separate audio cable.

this looks awesome, does anyone have any extra blank pcbs(ver 2.0 or above) they're willing to sell? thanks

I'm using the Mingun as part of a custom built arcade cabinet and just ordered the 6 board Jamma switcher from RiddledTV to make the world a little easier. In it's final version, the cabinet will house various 1990-era JAMMA cards in addition to a PC with J-PAC card.

Instead of just buying a Mortal Kombat Kick Harness Condenser from RiddledTV I decided to have some fun and built a kick harness condenser based on the same JST-XH connectors (B6B-XH-A(LF)(SN)) as the Minigun. The RiddledTV stuff is priced premium so the cost savings basically let me do a complete test production with parts to spare, and as a bonus this also let me reuse all the adapters I've already created for the Minigun.

I've uploaded the schematics to GitHub if anyone else is interested:
https://github.com/vidarw/open-arcade/tree/master/kick-harness-condenser

My lack of experience with electronics/PCB design has left the following issues unresolved for the moment:
  • Even though the current EDA files works - it uses the wrong package in the specs (a randomly chosen zener diode instead of the intended diode PH1N4148TB)
  • Design reports continuity errors on Gerbern export. Need to get a better understanding of EasyEDA to fix this.
  • BOM needs to be created (basically: 24*PH1N4148TB + 5*B6B-XH-A(LF)(SN))
  • I have not received the Jamma switcher yet, so the design is not battle tested with multiple boards connected.

Attachments

• khc.PNG
    khc.PNG
    465.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Does anyone have the pinout listing to convert the 8pin mini din on this to a 9pin mini din that is compatible with the hd retro vision cables? I have the two connectors, but I wanted to verify what when from each one.

I believe evilsim mentioned awhile back to connect the composite pin on the 8pin on the sync pin on the 9pin and then the rest was just following this graphic?

Attachments

• 70534492_439849226636371_5537033668628840448_n.png
    70534492_439849226636371_5537033668628840448_n.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 908
Just to be sure, can anyone else here test the minigun with a IGS PGM ?

I am not getting any sound out of the thing. I recapped it and nothing. I tried changing the volume pot and still nothing. I figure I would atleast hear low volume or a buzz or something, but it's completely silent.

Going down the google rabbit hole lead me to a N-G thread where the guy says something about the attenuation circuit. They discuss different pins and even voltages. Seems to be an issue depending on the supergun. I have no other cabinets or methods of testing this board, so I atleast want to rule out the minigun as the cause of this issue.

On your PGMs 34 pin IDC connector, tap pins 33 and 34 and connect directly to a speaker. Pin 33 is ground while 34 is speaker +. See if you get any audio output.

You may have a faulty PGM motherboard. Could be caps, a faulty preamp IC, broken trace etc.

It's not associated with the Minigun as I've tested it with 4 of my personal PGM motherboards and a bunch of other people too, and I'd rule out an assembly fault as you've mentioned audio works with other boards...

Last edited:
On your PGMs 34 pin IDC connector, tap pins 33 and 34 and connect directly to a speaker. Pin 33 is ground while 34 is speaker +. See if you get any audio output.

You may have a faulty PGM motherboard. Could be caps, a faulty preamp IC, broken trace etc.

It's not associated with the Minigun as I've tested it with 4 of my personal PGM motherboards and a bunch of other people too, and I'd rule out an assembly fault as you've mentioned audio works with other boards...
MHrRsiP.jpg

Is this correct?

Is anyone using this with their gcompsw? There's a big red warning up on his site now about it being dangerous to use superguns on it (mainly because of audio but sometimes video http://www.gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/). Curious if anyone's been using it on one without issue before I attempt it.

Is anyone using this with their gcompsw? There's a big red warning up on his site now about it being dangerous to use superguns on it (mainly because of audio but sometimes video http://www.gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/). Curious if anyone's been using it on one without issue before I attempt it.
The Minigun (and the vast majority of Superguns) output RGBS not component video (YPbPr). So I'm not sure why you are looking at the gcompsw.

I use the Minigun and the HAS supergun with my gscartsw and have had no problems. But I offer no warranty based on my experience.

You're fine to use any scart switcher with the Minigun.

The main offender is the Windy Supergun which needs some serious improvment.

The Minigun (and the vast majority of Superguns) output RGBS not component video (YPbPr). So I'm not sure why you are looking at the gcompsw.
I use the Minigun and the HAS supergun with my gscartsw and have had no problems. But I offer no warranty based on my experience.
I'm using a converter to convert the 8pin out to 9pin out and then using hd retrovision cables. I already have the gcompsw anyway and my pvm doesn't support scart (20m2mdu) but it does support both rgb and component over bnc. So rather than convert a bunch of stuff from scart to break out rgb, I went the component way via the hd retrovision cables.

Last edited:
The Minigun (and the vast majority of Superguns) output RGBS not component video (YPbPr). So I'm not sure why you are looking at the gcompsw.I use the Minigun and the HAS supergun with my gscartsw and have had no problems. But I offer no warranty based on my experience.
I'm using a converter to convert the 8pin out to 9pin out and then using hd retrovision cables. I already have the gcompsw anyway and my pvm doesn't support scart (20m2mdu) but it does support both rgb and component over bnc. So rather than convert a bunch of stuff from scart to break out rgb, I went the component way via the hd retrovision cables.
You don't need to worry about the output from the supergun damaging your gcompsw. You need to worry about the output from the hd retrovision cables damaging your gcompsw. I have no experience with hd retrovision component cables.

You have the option of RGB via BNC and you're using component instead? You can get a SCART to BNC cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

You can also do it the ghetto way I've done it - RCA to BNC adapters, a SCART to RCA breakout cable and a SCART extender between the supergun and the RCA cable.

Minigun -> SCART cable -> SCART extender -> SCART to RCA cable -> RCA to BNC adapters -> PVM

You don't need to worry about the output from the supergun damaging your gcompsw. You need to worry about the output from the hd retrovision cables damaging your gcompsw. I have no experience with hd retrovision component cables.
They work fine with it. All my other consoles are plugged in that way and it doesn't have an issue.
You have the option of RGB via BNC and you're using component instead? You can get a SCART to BNC cable from Retro Gaming Cables.

You can also do it the ghetto way I've done it - RCA to BNC adapters, a SCART to RCA breakout cable and a SCART extender between the supergun and the RCA cable.

Minigun -> SCART cable -> SCART extender -> SCART to RCA cable -> RCA to BNC adapters -> PVM
It's just easier for my setup. I just want one thing to hook up everything to instead of multiple inputs and switches and conversions. I've personally not noticed enough of a difference between rgb and using these component cables to the point that I feel like I need to spend the money changing out all my cables. If I need to do rgb in the future, I can just use the composite line on the gcompsw to carry ext-sync.

Long shot I think here but does anyone know where I can buy one of these in the UK?

I found one on ebay but thats in Australia so shipping fees are rather steep not to mention the overseas card fees.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a photo showing how to hook up @arcadeqc's meanwell slip cover to the meanwell rt-65?

Found it!

index.php

Last edited:
Back