What's new
I'm also tempted to just not touch it incase messing with it gives the seller an avenue to deny a refund. The seller is not responding to messages at all, he doesn't care.
Good point. Don't modify the minigun until you get the ebay situation resolved. Have you filed an 'item not as described' claim on ebay? If not, do so.

Edit: You should always file an ebay claim as soon as it is clear there is an issue -- and the seller doesn't respond to regular communication. Waiting can only hurt you as you can easily miss the file by deadline and then ebay will not help you at all (happened to me with a several hundred dollar MVS cart).

RGC's cable arrived and everything is still yellow. Adjusting the blue pot seems to do almost nothing.

The seller, one 'hobby-boy' on ebay will not respond to me at all on eBay either.
My MiniGun started to do that too. I have not looked into this yet as I still have a working setup with another minigun. Behaviour is the same, blue is almost out and you can only do small adjustments via the pot. I will start replacing parts in the blue circuit to see what fixes it.

i am super happy with the MiniGuns and am pretty sure that it can be fixed.

I'm also tempted to just not touch it incase messing with it gives the seller an avenue to deny a refund. The seller is not responding to messages at all, he doesn't care.
Good point. Don't modify the minigun until you get the ebay situation resolved. Have you filed an 'item not as described' claim on ebay? If not, do so.
Edit: You should always file an ebay claim as soon as it is clear there is an issue -- and the seller doesn't respond to regular communication. Waiting can only hurt you as you can easily miss the file by deadline and then ebay will not help you at all (happened to me with a several hundred dollar MVS cart)..
I put in a refund request just now, as I realized we were getting close to the expiry date for complaints. Good shout. I was going to do it 24 hours after sending a message this morning anyway but, nuts to it. The guy isn't responding at all, I'll just let ebay handle it.

I'll probably wait for this to resolve and then buy another one from a different seller.

quick update from my side. Because the blue colour was not completely gone, I supsected the THS7374. After replacing it, all the colours were strong again. So that might also fix your MiniGun but you should have received a working unit in the first place. I am not sure what damaged the THS7374 but this MiniGun ist my benchtest setup, so it has seen some bad stuff including shorts on the 5V rail caused by damaged PCBs.

Interesting, yeah if the THS chip was bad that's definitely a return, that should work outta the box. Returns process has started anyway so I'm gonna wait for that to resolve and either buy one from a different seller, or install a THS chip on the other supergun I have that doesn't have one. I'm a bit hesitant to use that one, but I can't return it as the seller for that is also completely ignoring me and it took almost 6 weeks to even arrive (yes it's a retroelektronic one, no I wouldn't recommend anybody ever buy from them especially now I know about the attenuation issue)

edit:

I... can't believe my luck? I found a new in box HAS for 200 pounds and snapped it up. I hope there's nothing dodgy going on there but ebays returns policy should have me covered if there is. I had written off the idea of even being able to find a HAS.

Last edited:
I've zapped a couple ths chips from plugging and unplugging controllers while powered. Learned my lesson after having to replace two lol. It would usually have messed up colors, static interference, and trouble getting sync when they would go.

For what it’s worth I just had to resolver my blue pot one of mine as I was getting what you were -all yellow. Somehow it came loose - I must have done a poor initial solder job. Just reflowed the pins and it was fine after. Not sure if this is your same issue but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can anyone recommend a decent 8 pin mini din plug, to go into the socket on the minigun. I'm currently running the RGB / Sync / Ground off to a GbS8200 for conversion to VGA into an old tv and want to direct wire the cable to the mini din plug and the local to me sourced plugs (from Jaycar in Australia) don't seem to be a very good fit causing the one or more of the colour signals to not be sent to the conversion board.

actually, i take that back. I just tested and believe this is a crossover cable so the pinout swaps if attempting to use as an extension cable which is not what I need unfortunately.

Hi @Frank_fjs,

I hope you are well!

Do you have any news on the minigun supergun with Sega Master System II / Sega Genesis II output. I'm looking forward to it :)

Today I got an notification about my Rad2X cable, it looks like it's getting shipped :thumbsup: In the last couple of month I repaired my 6 slot board, my PSU cover is nearly finished (I will make it open source when finished) and I spray painted the metal on the outside this weekend. Tomorrow I'll paint the inside:)

So the only puzzle peace which is missing is your nice supergun:)

Please tell me if you need some support, I'm happy to help!

Stay save!

Thank you so much for this project, @Frank_fjs !

This was my first attempt at SMD soldering, but I managed to put together a v2.5 that works. :)

No problems with running it to my Framemeister (via the 8-pin minidin), but when I run it to a Sony PVM through a SCART connector (same one as for the NESRGB), I have sync issues and the image isn't very decipherable. Same CPS2 board was working on that PVM via a retroelectronik supergun, so I'm not sure if it's the minigun, or if it's my cable.

Do you think it possibly help my sync issue if I tried building your din-to-scart converter?

Thanks again for putting this together!

qse6D7I.jpg

Thanks for the response!

I think I found my issue.

My SCART->BNC cable has a sync stripper in it, which I suppose is converting the composite to the csync line? :(

I've ordered a cable without the sync stripper in it, and that will hopefully fix my issue. I'll report back once I get it!

and thanks again for putting the hard work into this! I sent you a cup of coffee via paypal. :)

Back