What's new
Do you have a picture of the cable you’re using to connect to the PSU and also a photo of how it’s connected?

Sure do, appreciated.

I believe it’s the same cable I power my GTX 1060 with

Attachments

• 782BDE41-D7A7-4B7B-B185-6A14EE5D8F4D.jpeg
    782BDE41-D7A7-4B7B-B185-6A14EE5D8F4D.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 87D71FF0-82B4-4280-A6FA-22654D81402A.jpeg
    87D71FF0-82B4-4280-A6FA-22654D81402A.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 150
OK. That’s the issue there. You need to make a custom cable that follows the Minigun pinout, it doesn’t use a standard ATX cable.

The underside of the Minigun PCB shows you what voltages are for each pin. Just wire up a new cable, or repurpose your existing one with the correct voltages and you should be good to go.

What sheep said!

Also, if using ATX you may need to bridge the PS_ON pin to ground to get it to power on.

@Frank_fjs I'm excited for the MicroGun. Here are a couple features for your consideration:
  • Stereo line level input that overrides the JAMMA audio input and routes to the mini din-8
    • above stereo input could also attenuate a speaker level signal to line level
  • Bluetooth module & antenna for future expansion to support wireless controllers
  • JAMMA connector located on a daughter PCB with standard connectors running between mother & daughter board (built in JAMMA extension harness)

What sheep said!

Also, if using ATX you may need to bridge the PS_ON pin to ground to get it to power on.
Depending on what voltages are present on that particular connector on your PSU, you may need to crimp a ATX 20 pin on the PSU side.

@Frank_fjs I'm excited for the MicroGun. Here are a couple features for your consideration:
  • Stereo line level input that overrides the JAMMA audio input and routes to the mini din-8
    • above stereo input could also attenuate a speaker level signal to line level
  • Bluetooth module & antenna for future expansion to support wireless controllers
  • JAMMA connector located on a daughter PCB with standard connectors running between mother & daughter board (built in JAMMA extension harness)
Point 1 is already catered to. :)

I also toyed with the idea of supporting RARE (the brand) games that output stereo over jamma pins 11 and M, like Battletoads but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Point 2 could be catered for.

Not sure how feasible the rest are for me.

Line level input is implemented already. One can disable jamma audio output and feed in an external line level signal which is routed through the DIN.

I could implement speaker to line level conversion for the above.

The Bluetooth and jamma extender points are the ones I probably won't consider.

Oh and there's a secondary video output too, alongside the DIN. A VGA (RGBS) connector for direct connection to an OSSC via a standard VGA cable.

And a separate 3.5mm audio output which doubles as an audio input, configured by a slide switch.

A lot of options are covered regarding video, audio and power. Regular 20 or 24 pin ATX as well as traditional arcade PSU hookup.

On top of button remapping, autofire, digital voltage readout and brightness control with info displayed on an onboard OLED screen.

And when things are more refined, USB controller inputs.

How would the Bluetooth module work? Were you suggesting it interface with existing controllers, such as 8bitdo? Or something else.

I like the daughter board idea for the JAMMA connector. It’s one of the things I dig the most about Japanese control boxes, Axun’s CBOX, etc. Definitely nice not to have to pick up the whole supergun when connecting a game.

The underside of the Minigun PCB shows you what voltages are for each pin. Just wire up a new cable, or repurpose your existing one with the correct voltages and you should be good to go.
@dan-esc in the following thread you finde the minigun and cable pinout: MWP-606 Power Supply Cover

I would suggest to test the voltage level on the jamma connector before you connect it to your PCB.

How would the Bluetooth module work? Were you suggesting it interface with existing controllers, such as 8bitdo? Or something else.
Ideally the Bluetooth interface would work with any bluetooth controller. Certainly the 8bitdo range. Also Playstation Dualshock 4 and whatever the PS5 controller is called. Xbox too. Though that is not my cup of tea.

The MicroGun already has a little screen and I assume input buttons. So you would use that for pairing controllers over bluetooth and assigning them to different player inputs.

I like the daughter board idea for the JAMMA connector. It’s one of the things I dig the most about Japanese control boxes, Axun’s CBOX, etc. Definitely nice not to have to pick up the whole supergun when connecting a game.
I use @RGB JAMMA extensions which are great. They include the kick harness connector and a voltmeter on the game PCB side. I thought it would be cool to plug the cables from that directly into the new supergun without the JAMMA to extension PCB.

@dan-esc in the following thread you finde the minigun and cable pinout: MWP-606 Power Supply Cover
I would suggest to test the voltage level on the jamma connector before you connect it to your PCB.
Most power supplies will not output good voltage levels without a significant load on the outputs.

Back